Senior Web Developer
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Shopify is the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform. Merchants can use the software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, and brick-and-mortar locations. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business.
Our team in Europe is looking for a Senior Web Developer excited to build, grow and scale our new product with us. We need the help of a dedicated, curious and versatile developer with a passion for performance, and simplicity. Does this sound like you?
The tools we use on a daily basis include: React, Typescript, GraphQL.
A few things we would like you to have:
- A strong knowledge of modern CSS3 (Flexbox, Grid)
- A passion and curiosity to constantly learn new things; Shopify changes fast, and we need people who work here to be able to change and learn fast too
- Experience with working in a cross-discipline environment with designers and other developers to produce and vet ideas though prototyping early concepts
- Fluent English
It’d be nice if you had experience with:
- Performance optimisation and any tooling to support auditing
- Server-side development and MVC frameworks (e.g. Laravel, Rails, Django)
- Typescript (or Flow)
What’s in it for you:
- You will be a part of our growing international EMEA-based team
- You get to work in a dynamic environment with insanely talented people where new features in large scale products are being shipped regularly
- You will grow your career and competencies working in an environment where learning is paramount and not restricted by budgets or reporting
- We give you the freedom to make your own decisions (we trust our employees and are invested in their success) Flexible working hours and a competitive compensation package
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply for this job” button to submit your application.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, racialized people, and/or people with intersectional identities.