Product Designer (Contract-to-perm)
Note: This is a 3 month, contract-to-hire position.
As a Product Designer on one of our platform teams (Roku, Apple TV, Web/Acquisition), you’ll be working closely with engineers and other designers on creating a best-in-class, modern live TV service for our customers. Your solutions will balance business and user needs in context of technical feasibility, and you’ll be effective in managing your time and priorities to meet deadlines.
We’re seeking designers that are able to rapidly prototype concepts, have strong interaction design foundations, and can apply them in a context where the primary mode of input might be a physical remote. Your work demonstrates a deep understanding of UX principles, when and where a given approach or tool should be utilized, and an ability to visually execute your ideas with a high degree of quality and polish.
Strong cross-functional communicators – effortlessly navigating discussions between engineering, design and product – are valued here, as we believe it to be a key ingredient in producing great outcomes.
Deep knowledge of connected devices and TV interfaces, familiarity with interaction patterns for 10-foot UI, and a keen interest in usability are all important and highly valued qualities within the team.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers and product managers in exploring and designing intuitive interfaces and practical solutions
- Design flows, wires, comps and prototypes from low to high-fidelity while continually pushing the bar in quality and excellence with each iteration
- Communicate the rationale behind your proposed solutions to team members and stakeholders
- 3+ years of UI/UX/product design experience with a strong portfolio
- Proficient in design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Framer X, Adobe CC Suite etc
- An excellent communicator who can clearly articulate design decisions
- Ability to identify the essence of user pain points and design problems, and can translate them into practical design solutions
- No ego when it comes to sharing your work or receiving feedback; you recognize that the most important goal is to quickly understand and solve around what’s best for our customers and the company
Perks & Benefits:
- Highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards
- Unlimited vacation and sick days
- Robust benefit package including stock options; health, dental and vision coverage sponsored up to 100%; 401k; life Insurance; and commuter benefits
- Free fuboTV account for live sports and TV on all your devices
- Discounted gym memberships
- Company-wide and team based events
- Centrally located headquarters in Midtown Manhattan.
- Casual work environment