This position will assist in the development and management of the Mustang Heritage Foundation’s advertising and promotional efforts. The position will help develop cost-efficient and effective marketing campaigns, including print, online, social media, event and more.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute external print and online advertising and promotional campaigns in conjunction with directors and program and event coordinators.
- Work with the Director of Marketing, graphic designer and other key staff to develop creative for print and online campaigns.
- Negotiate the best rate for effective placement of advertising and help secure added value.
- Create and manage content calendars for the various social media platforms and accounts, including Mustang Heritage Foundation, Extreme Mustang Makeover and America’s Mustang.
- Schedule and monitor social media posts and campaigns, as well as managing responses to questions and/or messages.
- Research and implement trends and updates in social media engagement and reach.
- Track engagement and reach across all platforms.
- Fulfill all advertising requirements for sponsorships, alliance trade-outs and other external events.
- Coordinate email blasts and internal web advertising and maintain the accuracy of information on the website.
- Write marketing business plans and develop strategies to support MHF’s mission of securing placements through programs, events and education.
- Assist with the marketing, promotion and execution of MHF events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Travel as requested. Approximately 3-5 events annually lasting 3-5 days. Staff meetings at Foundation Headquarters as requested. Some weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, business or related agricultural field
- Equine and/or agricultural experience preferred
- Track record of action-orientated delivery and results
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
This position reports to the Director of Marketing and maintains regular contact with other employees and staff
This position will maintain contact with media, advertisers, sponsored program/event liaisons, MHF members, trainers, fans, BLM, etc.
About the Mustang Heritage Foundation
The primary mission of the Mustang Heritage Foundation is to create and promote programs and activities that provide information and education about wild horses and burros, elevate their image and desirability, provide opportunities to become involved in the wild horse and burro experience and secure adequate numbers of caring homes for excess horses. Working in partnership with the Bureau of Land Management the Mustang Heritage Foundation works to ensure healthy wild herds and rangelands through the placement of excess animals removed from public lands so future generations can enjoy this distinctive part of our American heritage. As a 501 (C)(3), public, charitable, nonprofit organization, the Mustang Heritage Foundation works to identify and develop sources of private financial funding to further support the mission of the Foundation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- Health Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- social media management: 3 years (Preferred)
- marketing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible