Company Industry: Technology
Opportunity: The Mom Project is helping to source candidates for the above client who is looking for a Copywriter
Commitment Level: 40 hours per week, on-site, contract through August 2021
Our Customer’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they are building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
We are seeking a Copywriter on a contract basis to join a team made up of marketers, copywriters, designers, web developers, and strategists. This role will assist in the concepting, writing, and delivery of marketing materials, including webpages, emails, ads, video ads, and more. To do well in this role, you’ll need to easily work across multiple marketing disciplines and with cross-functional teams. You’ll need to understand the small business audience and bring that understanding to bear in your writing. Finally, you’ll need to work quickly and on deadline, and have the flexibility to pivot and adjust when plans shift.
What you’ll do:
• Concept and write advertising and marketing materials, including web (mobile and desktop), email, ads, video ads, print, and more.
• Participate in brainstorms and design thinking sessions to create concepts for marketing campaigns.
• Proofread and edit copy from other marketing managers and copywriters.
• Periodically review existing materials and propose updates.
• Work with a marketing manager to present strategies, concepts, and creative ideas across the organization.
• Elevate the overall team’s skills and expertise by sharing industry knowledge and best practices.
• 5+ years’ experience writing advertising, brand, or marketing content.
• The ability to write in clear, concise prose for a non-technical, inexperienced small business audience.
• Experience running and/or participating in brainstorms and design thinking ideation sessions.
• Experience overseeing ideas from inception to launch.
• Comfort taking feedback and input and coming up with solutions that maintain the integrity of the ideas.
• Ability to consider and weigh content strategies, landing page optimization, product needs, and more when writing marketing content.
• Ability to independently and proactively seek out answers and unblock obstacles.
• Strong process and project management skills with successful experience influencing and working on cross-functional teams.
• Familiarity or first-hand experience with small business challenges and needs.
• Additional noted skills: digital advertisement, small business, sales enablement, content marketing, demand generation, and customer marketing.
**REQUIRED FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS: Please include writing samples or a portfolio link with your resume upon submission.**
Education: BA/BS degree with a strong academic background or equivalent experience
Hours & Location:
M-F, 40 hours/week. This role will be remote while COVID restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be onsite at our Customer’s Menlo Park, CA location once it is deemed safe to do so.
Now for the Perks!
• Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (including spouse & child), 401k, STD/LTD, AD&D, and Commuter Benefits program)
• Accrued PTO: Up to 15 days per 12 months on assignment
• New Child Benefit: Up to $4,000 for the birth or adoption of a child while on assignment (conditions apply)