Social Media Manager
Surge IO is a 100% remote company. With 80+ million monthly visitors, our primary goal is to engage readers with story-telling. We create, distribute and manage premium content across multiple partner sites with titles including TheBlast.com.
We harness vast amounts of user data to understand what is trending, what performs the best, and where our audiences spend their time. Our premium content delivery technology plus our real time analytics gives writers the tools to write their best. At Surge IO, we believe in continuous innovation, collaboration and improvement.
Our Core Values: Innovation, Adaptivity, Creativity, and Independent Team Players
You will focus on the daily oversight and management of social media platforms along with the long term strategy. You will be responsible for identifying and advising on the ever growing social media landscape and emerging platforms while providing data-based social media strategies that integrate into marketing initiatives.
The Social Media Manager is a data-driven, people focused leader who will be responsible for driving the execution, analysis and growth of all Surge’s social media activity. This leader thrives in building, maintaining and optimizing digital advertising campaigns and has an experimental and methodological approach. The position requires a blend of creativity, analytical skill, perseverance and results-oriented problem solving.
An ideal candidate is autonomous, proactive, and brings bold thinking to the organization. It is essential that you are adaptable and a team player. We are a remote lean startup operating multiple properties with a huge focus on innovation, growth and collaboration.
- Develop, manage and execute paid social media campaigns across Facebook and Instagram
- Explore opportunities in other channels such as Snapchat and Pinterest, as well as emerging platforms
- Optimize campaigns within budget and maximize growth with main goal being quality referral traffic and brand engagement
- Monitor daily campaign pacing and performance to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of your ad campaigns
- Conduct full analysis of campaign performance, as well as page and post performance
- Conduct market research and competitor analysis to identify new opportunities
- Recommend new strategies based on data and testing
- Work with the data team and the content team to develop cutting edge social media campaigns and to identify trends/optimizations
- Stay up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies
- 2+ years of hands-on digital marketing experience, including some form of social advertising
- Advanced knowledge of Facebook Ads Manager
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to uncover insights from data and use quantitative methods to answer questions and to find opportunities for optimization
- Moderate to advanced Excel experience or equivalent (pivot tables, graphs etc.)
- A self-starter mentality, a strong sense of ownership, and an appetite for learning
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills to collaborate with team members and management
- Confidence to be bold with your work
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Comfortable giving opinions, asking questions and suggesting solutions
- Enjoy working on a team and in a highly collaborative environment
If this profile matches your expertise, experience, and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your full application.Show moreShow less