Technical Support Specialist
At Riverside Insights, we are a growth-focused business that is on a mission: to provide insights that elevate the potential of 1 Billion lives by 2030. Elevating potential is what we do, and research-based assessments and technology are how we do it.
We are a purpose-fueled, values-driven team looking for keen problem solvers who can serve as a customer’s primary point of contact and are not shy about taking the initiative. Our customers, many of them in busy classrooms around the world, deserve the best and we value Tech Support Specialists who can think quickly on their feet in order to make our customers’ lives easier.
The Tech Support Specialist will be responsible for providing effective service and support to our customers by responding to inquiries via multiple channels. Responsibilities also include troubleshooting and providing solutions to a variety of questions from our customers.
- Deliver a “WOW” experience to our customers, solving their problems and making their lives easier
- Respond to customer inquiries through a variety of channels, including phone, email, & live chat. Customer questions cover a wide range of topics from resetting their password to setting up test events, working through the tests, and pulling reports
- Uses basic remote support techniques and tools to provide product support
- Recognizes and escalates product related issues
- Promote customer self-help, by pointing them to multiple channels, i.e. Videos, KB articles, FAQs, etc.
- Work closely with other teams throughout the company, including customer service personnel, field representatives, and other departments.
- Supports field representatives with customer needs. Keep sales reps informed of potential customers facing significant challenges.
- Participates in the problem management and escalation processes
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong customer service focus – ability to work as part of a team in a busy, high volume support environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Any experience in troubleshooting hardware, software, and network issues
- Capable of working with multiple operating systems on various hardware platforms
- Willing to quickly act, research and problem-solve independently
- Flexible, ability to handle a variety of tasks during the workday
- Fast learner, can quickly get up to speed on various digital and online systems and to assist customers in using our products, many of which require advanced training
- Organized, does not let tasks slip through the cracks
- Flexibility of work hours between 7:00 AM and 6:00 PM Central Time
- Flexibility to work weekday and/or weekend overtime hours as required by the business.
- Required: High School diploma
- Preferred: Previous Tech Support and/or Customer Service experience, Associates Degree
Competitive compensation based on prior experience and expertise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive comprehensive list of all possible duties, tasks and responsibilities. Riverside Insights management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
RIVERSIDE INSIGHTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Riverside Insights provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
ABOUT RIVERSIDE INSIGHTS
Assessments play a critical role in unlocking a person’s true potential. Actionable insights — derived from accurate, reliable and consistent data — create opportunities that help people thrive.
Through our proven portfolio of trusted and precise assessment solutions, Riverside Insights offers the clarity and perspective needed to create a meaningful impact at the state, district and individual levels. We're dedicated to creating and providing a broad range of high-quality, time-tested professional testing products and services as well as delivering meaningful information that can enhance the lives of children and adults.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Riverside Insights strives for excellence. We recognize that we must have the best people, and the best people are drawn from the broadest pool of applicants. The people we need can be found only by looking across the full spectrum of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation and gender identity. For our firm to excel, all team members must feel that they are operating in an inclusive environment that welcomes and supports differences, and that encourages input from all perspectives. Every Riverside Insights employee has the right to expect a workplace in which the richness of their lives and experience is welcomed and valued by their team and by the company. Our employees always come first. To continue providing our customers with the best service and solutions, our people must be diverse. We must be fully capable of dealing with different cultures in an informed and nuanced manner. Experience has shown us that we can best serve our customers interests by tapping the insights, talents, and judgments of a diverse workforce. Riverside Insights knows and understands that our diversity is critical to our competitive advantage.
Go to www.riversideinsights.com to learn more about our organization.
Come join our growing team and be a part of our mission to help elevate potential globally!Show moreShow less