Development Support Engineer
CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and application release automation (ARA) powerhouse built from the commercial success of its products and its open source leadership as the largest contributor to Jenkins and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). With a globally distributed workforce of more than 500 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement. We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
CloudBees is home to the world’s leading DevOps experts helping thousands of companies harness the power of “continuous everything” and putting them on the fastest path from great idea, to great software, to great business value.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Provide software technical support to developers and configuration managers on the CloudBees products. This includes communicating directly with customers via our support portal. This is however, much more than just a “support” position.
- Ability to analyze scenarios of software implementations and provide solutions for problems
- Set correct priorities for ongoing issues
- Work with the CloudBees development team to improve products and/or resolve customer issues
- Work with other software partners to resolve customer issues
- At times, work in high pressure situations such as “customer down” priority scenarios to resolve issues timely and professionally
- The support engineer must be well-rounded in IT skills, the ability to use a wide range of that knowledge at any given time is crucial
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
WHAT THE ROLE REQUIRES
- Degree in computer science / IT – or – equivalent experience
- Trouble shooting skills with multi-threaded applications (debugging, analyzing a thread dump, troubleshooting
- Jenkins user (setting up release processes, for example)
- Measurable level of experience in multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, OS X)
- Measurable level of experience with continuous integration. Jenkins experience preferred
- Measurable level of experience with Docker, AWS and Configuration Management tools (Chef, Puppet, etc…)
- Basic knowledge of shell scripting (CMD, KSH)
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.