Interpersonal Frequency (I.F.) is seeking a full-time DevOps Engineer to add to our growing team.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer to help us scale our systems as we bring more cities and government agencies into the cloud. Our backend tech stack currently includes RHEL/CentOS, Docker, Node.js, PHP, Apache/Nginx, Solr/ElasticSearch, MariaDB/MySQL, GlusterFS, Redis/Memcache, HAProxy, Varnish, New Relic, and AWS (GovCloud, EC2, ELB, RDS, Aurora, ElastiCache, S3, CloudFormation, Redshift, EFS, etc.), DigitalOcean, and Rackspace.
Why work with us?
- Fun, cutting edge remote work environment – ever changing, always a chat away from team members
- Your work directly impacts the lives of millions of Americans every day
- Healthcare, and Dental/Vision/Life/Disability plans
- Access to a 401(k) plan
- Unlimited vacation, and a flexible schedule
- Work in a mostly virtual environment or a coworking location. If you work virtually, be prepared to travel once per quarter for face-to-face with the team
Who you are We're looking for a senior DevOps engineer with significant experience configuring, managing, automating, securing, monitoring and maintaining systems at scale.
- You love to solve problems and can do so under pressure.
- Scaling, reliability, automation, security, and performance are things you care about deeply.
- You have a good mixture of planning, risk taking and a “get-it-done” attitude.
- You value the open source community and want to give back to it.
- You can clearly explain your ideas to both clients and other team members both verbally and in writing.
- You like to have fun and work with a small team! You play well with others (not just engineers).
- You bring both creativity and maturity to your work: you’re a self-starter who can jump in quickly and can manage your own time effectively in a remote work environment.
What you’ll do You will help ensure the scalability, security, performance, and availability of our systems by applying your expertise in the evolution and daily operation of our LAMP/LEMP stack, implementing and automating infrastructure deployments and working with our engineering team to ensure the software that we build can scale.
- You must either be a US Citizen or already have a Green Card to apply
- 3-5 years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud hosting
- 3+ years of experience with MySQL (DevOps, not DBA)
- Linux - Nginx and/or Apache
- PHP (DevOps tuning, not dev)
- Shell scripting
- Ansible / Chef / Puppet
- Code repository versioning (Git)
- CentOS/Redhat Linux
- MariaDB/MySQL Clustering
- Elasticsearch and/or Apache Solr
- Code repository hosting (e.g. Gitlab)
- Drupal Optimization
- Big Data (e.g. Hadoop, Redshift)
- Authentication Integration (e.g. LDAP/AD/SAML)
- Penetration testing
- Load testing
- Performance testing (e.g. New Relic, Blackfire)