Social Media Manager
Skin Folks Social Media Manager
The Skin Folks Social Media Manager is responsible for maintaining and growing the social channels of
Skin Folks. Working directly with the founder, this position will have the opportunity to drive the direction of current and new social channels.
* Weekly posts on the @theskinfolks Instagram account and IG Stories
* Ownership of social media schedule/calendar built out by content team
* Contribution to weekly social content pitch meetings
Who You Are:
* A social media savvy communicator with a track record of maintaining a thriving social presence
* A beauty enthusiast or licensed skincare professional with a comprehensive grasp of cosmetic ingredients, treatments and skincare products
* A quick-learner with vested interest in serving the Black community and its nuances
* A creative thinker who can ideate and execute on content ideas and social strategy
Who We Are:
Skin Folks is a growing company based in Brooklyn, New York that seeks to disrupt the skincare industry by centering the stories of Black consumers. Through content creation, education and event planning, Skin Folks carves out space for skincare enthusiasts to commune and learn about what matters most to their skin and wellness journeys. We offer our employees and collaborators the opportunity to have reaching and impactful influence on a quickly emerging brand as well as full schedule flexibility.
This opportunity is remote.
Content pitch meetings will occur once a week after 6pm EST (time to be determined by team availability). Social posting must occur in alignment with approved social calendar.
Website: skin-folks.com Instagram: @theskinfolks
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $150.00 per month
This is a fully remote position that will be conducted via video and phone calls.
- Social Media Marketing: 1 year (Required)
- Esthetician (Preferred)
- Please view @theskinfolks on Instagram and pitch one skincare or wellness related educational topic
- Fully Remote
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply