Tonic3’s client, a Fortune 50 Company, is an internal Digital Customer Experience organization helping to lead the way in transformation to become a mobile-first organization, delivering a digital experience across our U.S. business that puts the customer at the center. This organization is a rapidly evolving, continuous learning organization that works across our core capabilities or Domains (Save, Invest, Pay, Borrow, Protect, Acquire, Service, Secure, Enable) and business portfolios (Retail, Branded Cards).
The creative team you will be working with is the internal agency for our client that employs design and copy to create transparency and clarity of all communications, portraying direction and ensuring ‘Simplification’ as a practice. The team is continually growing and expanding their scope of work as a result of their digital, business and channel expertise in support of key execution priorities. They serve as the key control point to maintain consistency across strategic guidelines. This creative team has a 100% client satisfaction rate due to the relationships they have built as well as their SLA timing and quality of work.
As a Senior Copywriter/Proofreader, you’ll work with a cross-discipline team of creative talent to produce deliverables that exemplify our client’s brand, while exceeding their client’s expectations. This position requires an innovative approach and the ability to ideate “out of the box” ideas for digital and print customer communications.
The key characteristics of the ideal candidate for this position are:
- Bold thinker - Copywriter with a passion for ideating and developing copy that will simplify the customer experience through succinct, thoughtful and conversational messaging; willingness to embrace and apply “mobile first” thinking principles
- Client advocate – Approaching projects with the needs of the internal client partner and the cardmember front of mind
- Continuous learner – Willingness to learn and accommodate for ADA compliance, including providing alternative text on copy matrices, and to keep up with evolving rules
- Collaborative partner – Partnering with internal team members to drive creative thought and with client partners to harness insights and develop solutions that are best for the customer and align to client’s mission.
- Brand strategist – Maintaining a keen eye and a thorough knowledge of branding; strategizing the most effect methods of implementing brand guidelines to ensure a consistent tone and voice that promotes client’s core principles
- Eagle Eye – Experience to act as backup for established proofreader; proof and edit copy for clarity, accuracy and consistency
- Adaptable – Can establish a deep understanding of client goals, strategy and business requirements, all within legal, product and project parameters. Accepting of constructive criticism, able to edit work based on partner or legal feedback.
- Curious – Eager to keep up with digital trends and persuasive copywriting methods, and sharing the findings with the team; dedicated to becoming a subject matter expert across client’s product offerings and target markets
- Confident – Able to stand behind your thinking and present objectives and creative solutions to stakeholders in an articulate and persuasive manner
- Determined – Enthusiastically committed to accomplishing all role responsibilities and seeing projects through to successful conclusions
Key Responsibilities Include:
This role is responsible for ideating and developing copy for assignments ranging from digital to print – always with an eye to delivering a consistent, conversational asset that conforms to client’s strategy.
The Senior Copywriter/Proofreader is specifically responsible for:
· Copywriting a variety of deliverable types(e-mails, web banners, interstitials, print onserts) in keeping with client’s mission and values
· Creating marketing assets with customer experience at the forefront
· Owning creatives throughout the lifecycle of the job (from concept through release)
· Brainstorming in a team setting to continually improve overall copy processes
· Collaborating with client partners to achieve strategic, innovative and, most of all, digitally driven communications
· Reflecting core principles of curiosity and boldness in your approach to projects and demonstrating determination to achieve a successful conclusion
· Comprehending creative brief directions and, when necessary, reach out to clients for further discussion
· Ideating and developing fresh, impactful customer communications that resonate and persuade, while being on-brief and within brand guidelines
· Following ADA compliance guidelines and providing ADA-mandated copy assets
· Presenting concepts confidently and effectively to senior management and partners
· Collaborating with a designer (as necessary) throughout the lifespan of a project
· Ensuring copy on all deliverables is typo-free and grammatically correct
· Becoming a brand ambassador who uses their thorough knowledge of the client’s Brand to appropriately incorporate it in all communications
· Supporting both internal and customer-facing communications for all products and programs within multiple channels
· 5+ years consumer-focused copywriting experience in an agency or in-house environment; direct-response copy experience preferred
· Knowledge of AP Style and excellent command of English grammar
· Strategic orientation with proven ability to understand larger landscape, but delve into details in order to ensure that we are connecting the dots between different projects
· Keen attention to detail and ability to maintain the appropriate voice and tone for each distinct target audience, adhering to product style guides
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to keep track of multiple concurrent job statuses (experience with workflow tools is a plus)
· Being Adaptable, Bold, Collaborative, Courageous and Determined, operating with Empathy both in internal interactions and for the customer
· Ability to meet project deadlines and adhere to a process calendar
· Excellent organizational skills, disciplined and prepared with ability to keep track of multiple concurrent job statuses (experience with workflow tools is a plus) - able to juggle multiple projects on time-sensitive schedules, as well as fire drills
· Accepting of constructive criticism, able to edit work based on partner or legal feedback
· Significant proofreading experience
· Strong team player, with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence, collaborate and communicate across all levels and across lines of business, internal resources and external vendors
· Ability to successfully communicate and collaborate with local and remote team members
· Passion for learning about products and services offered
· Experience working with graphic designers, other writers and proofreaders
· Bachelor’s in English, marketing or a related field
· Online portfolio
· Copywriting and proofreading tests
Work Location: Jacksonville, FL (currently remote)Show moreShow less