Customer Service Support Manager
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it's helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Our people are on the front lines of our organization, building strong, long term business relationships and promoting our products and services to our valued customers. Customer Support Management to Motorola Solutions is offering the very best service to our customers, always. We pride ourselves on our knowledge, expertise and ability to solve problems. This exciting new opportunity is supporting State & Local governmental entities in the New England Area, i.e. RI, MA, CT, etc...
The Customer Support Manager (CSM) provides intense and appropriate customer focus and satisfaction during the delivery of Motorola’s Life cycle Service products. The CSM manages government contracts with responsibility for successful delivery of Service products for Local government customers. Manages the relations with external partners responsible for delivering Service products to customers. Responsible for contract renewals, proposals, accurate forecasting, development of Statements of Work, and meeting P&L and receivables goals; overseeing contract P&L performance including meeting Service billing and cost performance goals. Responsible for marketing sophisticated / integrated service programs to multiple layers within customer organizations and works closely with the direct and indirect Sales teams. The CSM is responsible for the development of service account plans and profiles, goals and strategies within assigned accounts. Major emphasis includes developing customer relationships that will position Motorola for Service growth throughout the designated customer base. Must be willing to travel throughout the designated region.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
The CSM is responsible for the overall success of and relationship between the Customer’s Operation, Motorola Subcontractors, and Motorola. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide customers a single point of contact for Customer management and ensure service delivery and Service Level Agreements (SLA) compliance.
- Work with customers to discuss concerns and drive corrective actions to closure.
- Manage and maintain services scope as per services contract and ensure customers understand their obligations in regard to service deliverables.
- Ensure that Customers receive appropriate and timely reporting as required by the Services Contract.
- Manage sub-contractors deliverables and adherence to agreed scope and outcomes.
- Manage product quality issues as needed (FSB’S)
- Engage as needed in the case management process to ensure proper service delivery
- Assist partners and vendors as needed with payment and billing issues
- Identify and implement areas for improvement to ensure improved service quality and best practice delivery.
- Ensure all operational documentations remain up to date and relevant.
- Manage contract change management as needed.
- Work with National System Service (NSS) for contract loading, renewals, and service contract change order requests.
- Work closely with the Motorola Program Manager (PM) to provide a smooth transition from project implementation to warranty support and service delivery.
- Work with customer and field teams to create and/or update existing Customer Support Plans (CSP)
- Oversee the change implementation into service delivery operations in coordination with Customer.
- Work with customers on up-sell / cross-sell
- Participate in the forecasting of revenue and margin related to Maintenance Agreements, Work Tickets, and Installs.
- Achieve stated on time contract renewal goal
- Achieve stated services growth goal for assigned contracts
** Position is not remote. Candidate must reside in New England territory area.**
**Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer.**
- Associates degree (Bachelors preferred)
- 3-5 years experience in Customer Support, Systems Management, Field Support or Sales Support
- Technically fluent in voice, data, and video convergence.
- Ability to convert business needs into technical solutions.
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to perform Crisis Management and Executive Summary communications during system outages.
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft and Google applications
- Experienced in Customer Account Management within a highly technical environment
- Knowledge of Motorola RF radio systems products and services would be an advantage
- Goal oriented self-starter with the skills and ability to successfully manage, develop, and expand Local government Service business with limited management supervision.
- Ability to establish relationships and trust quickly with key stakeholders in the region. Strong interpersonal communications skills are required.
- Knowledge of Motorola RF radio systems, voice and data products, sales techniques, and life cycle support services including equipment installation, maintenance, implementation, and management of these services is highly desired.
- Associates degree and 2+ years or 4+ years in Customer Support, Systems Management, Account Management, Field Support or Sales Support.
25% - 35%
New England Territory (Massachussetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut)
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, or any other legally protected characteristic or activity.Show moreShow less