Senior Digital Copywriter
Location: New York or Remote
Temp-to-Perm or Full-Time
Maesa is the world's largest independent beauty brand incubator. Maesa operates two categories of business – exclusive brands for mass, drug and specialty retailers and outsourcing for beauty brands. Maesa partners with over 80 global customers such as Sephora, Urban Outfitters, Target, Ulta, Parlux, Ralph Lauren, Sally Beauty, Banana Republic, Walmart, H&M, and Zara. Launching over 4,000 proprietary products per year, Maesa delivers marketing and white space analysis creating proprietary design, product development, speed-to-market, cost savings, and resource efficiencies. Vertically integrated with marketing, design, engineering, product development/formulation and regulatory, Maesa has mastered "commercializing creativity" servicing the fundamental revolutionary change in the beauty industry. Headquartered in New York and Paris, with additional offices in Los Angeles, Vienna, Dubai, Hong Kong, and Dongguan, Maesa employs about 350 team members worldwide with over 170 employees in the US.
Maesa is looking for a Senior Digital Copywriter. In this role you will be responsible for leading the digital copywriting team, overseeing the digital voice of our exclusive beauty brands, managing the blog strategy for those brands as well as writing, proofreading and copy editing digital marketing communications.
This role is reporting to the VP of E-Commerce, Digital and Social.
- Lead digital copywriting team across the portfolio of exclusive beauty brands to support marketing and E-Commerce activities and objectives.
- Collaborate with E-Commerce, Social, Marketing and Creative leads to create original, clear, innovative, compelling copy that strategically delivers to promote seasonal campaigns, key launches and product stories across digital channels including: website, emails, videos, paid social and blog.
- Develop and maintain the distinctive brand voices for all Brands with a strong understanding of each brand's positioning and filters across all channels and platforms – E-Com/ Social / Blog / Video.
- Develop and lead fresh engaging ways to connect with our customers through the voice of our brands across multiple channels.
- Seek to develop and maintain and keep understanding of our customers, who they are and what interests them.
- Write and edit copy including product copy for web, create keyword-rich content, tag lines and product descriptions to engage customers.
- Integrate strategic keywords into copy to support SEO.
- Work closely with E-Commerce team to ensure all copy deadlines are met to support digital marketing calendar.
- Proofread/edit copy for proper spelling, punctuation, grammar and sentence structure.
- Establish best practices on how to optimize copy content (video, imagery, GIF, etc) across channels.
- Define and establish internal processes or identify opportunities to improve current processes for copy and content creation.
- Oversee workload of copy team across brands and ensure timeliness and quality of deliverables.
- Act as copy leader on corporate strategies and initiatives with consistent, distinct and creative brand voice.
- Share expertise on evolving landscape and bring forth ideas to stay competitive in the digital universe.
- Identify and propose new, innovative digital campaigns and initiatives in support of key brand moments, events and milestones.
- Mentor and manage direct report(s), fostering professional growth.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- University/college degree in Journalism, Creative Writing, English or a similar field.
- 3-5 years of writing and editing experience in the beauty or lifestyle industries.
- Experience in writing and editing specifically for digital is a requirement.
- Creative thinker who can provide a solid portfolio.
- Experience managing direct reports.
- Ability to sharply proofread and edit English copy.
- Ability to manage long and short-term project timelines efficiently.
- Experience collaborating with creative and marketing roles.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Acrobat Reader (Tools and mark-ups).
- Ability to work cross functionally, take direction well and collaborate with teams; flexible, friendly and positive demeanor.
- Highly organized, quick yet thorough and communicative.
- Attention to detail; able to efficiently organize projects for easy reference (version control).
- Extremely focused while able to multi-task and adapt to changing priority levels for ongoing projects.
- Works well under pressure; good people skills.
- Able to work collaboratively in a team and individually in the most productive manner; takes initiative.
- Open to being edited and working on multiple revisions in varying time frames.