SummitMedia LLC - Springfield Radio Operations is accepting applications for our part-time Promotions Assistant. The Springfield team strives to maintain the highest level of excellence, embraces our successes and is laser-focused on future growth in each of our programming, sales, digital and promotional departments.
As a Promotions Assistant, you will assist with marketing support services related to web, print, communications, and design. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and grow within the field. The Promotions Assistant will represent our stations and help execute on-site station, client events, and promotions.
· Assist and coordinate in areas of the promotions department, which include brand image, appearances, merchandising, graphic creation, web & social updates, and community & public relations.
· Coordinate and design marketing promotions including but not limited to email / eblasts, print ads, direct mail, internet ads and radio scripts.
· Collaborate with management to update and maintain websites.
· Update and maintain social media sites.
· Set up and breakdown of promotional displays used for on-site promotional events.
· Actively assist in the set up and operation of equipment at events or live remote broadcasts.
· Ensure promotions/contests are executed properly.
· Interact with listeners in a professional manner by phone and in person.
· Assist with the upkeep of equipment and station vehicles.
· Act as liaison between the promotions department and other departments.
· Data entry.
· Other duties as assigned by manager.
· High school diploma required.
· Possess general knowledge of Marketing/Public Relations/Communications industry. Strong marketing/promotional background, as either educational focus or equivalent experience, is a plus.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED). College enrolled or degree preferred.
· Previous work experience or internship within radio, media, marketing, promotion, PR and/or special events.
· Experience with video editing, web design, writing, photography, event planning and/or social media a plus.
Skills & Abilities:
· Computer proficient and able to use standard office equipment (i.e., Outlook, Microsoft Office, Google Docs)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
· Strong problem-solving abilities.
· Strong work ethics and standards.
· Ability to prioritize workload, work independently and complete tasks with deadlines.
· Ability to execute and maximize the impact of promotional opportunities for the station.
· Work effectively in a team environment.
· Strong organizational, communication, computer and digital skills.
· Must be able to work odd hours, weekends, evenings and holidays.
· Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
· Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
· Receive, process and maintain information through verbal and/or written communication effectively.
· Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination
· Stand for multiple hours as well as lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds.
Please send your resume to SummitMedia Springfield, MO Attention: Alissa Potter, 2330 W Grand Street, Springfield, MO 65802. No phone calls please.
It is the policy of SummitMedia LLC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex in all personnel actions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, training and termination.
Discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex is prohibited. If you believe you have been the victim of discrimination, you may notify the Federal Communications Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or other appropriate agency.
Job Type: Part-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
- Weekends required
- Monday to Friday