IT Desktop Support Tech I
This opening is more than 358 days old and is very likely already filled.
Job DescriptionBasic Duties: Responsible for day-to-day monitoring, troubleshooting, and support of workstation hardware and software.
Charactistic Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure optimal workstation performance will install, diagnose, repair, maintain, and upgrade all PC hardware and peripherals.
- Installs, configures and upgrades operating systems and software, using standard business and administrative packages; may modify specific applications for use in operational departments.
- Installs, assembles and configures computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware; pulls cables (CAT3, CAT5, CAT6 and Fiber) and rewires as required for new installations and office reconfiguration.
- Troubleshoots problems with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware and software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment problems; makes repairs and corrections where required.
- Acts as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve problems with equipment and data.
- Assists in instructing staff in the use of standard business and administrative software, including word processing, spreadsheets and database management; provides instruction or written documentation where required.
- Assists with the planning, design, research and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems; maintains current knowledge of hardware and software.
- Monitors system backups and restores.
- Assists with developing a security policy for workstations including patch management and anti-virus
- Builds and maintains system images.
- Builds and maintains point of sale terminals and researches hardware.
- Installs and configures resort security systems.
- Troubleshoot problems (in person, by telephone, remotely, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provides end-user assistance.
- Follow all safety standards and procedures. Perform duties in a manner to maximize safety and minimize risk to self and others
- Associates degree in computer information technology preferred and 1-3 years of experience or a combination of education certifications and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are required. Solid desktop support and troubleshooting skills, including hands-on experience with a variety of hardware platforms running Windows and Mac Operating systems.
- Previous Windows 7,10 2K8 server and 2012 Server experience required.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong in Windows servers, applications, and have 1-2 years of desktop support or helpdesk experience.
- Strong in MS Office and G Suite
- Experience with Virtualization technologies.
- Experience with Security DVR systems.
- Highly motivated and independent worker who is not shy about tackling tasks they do not immediately understand
- A+ Certification helpful
Apply Online Now