Customer Support Manager
Nexcelom Bioscience LLC is a developer and marketer of image cytometry products for cell analysis in life science and biomedical research. Products range from cell viability counters (Cellometer) to high throughput microwell image cytometry workstations (Celigo), used in thousands of research laboratories in academic institutes and biotech companies. The company contributes to the life science industry through innovation and expertise in the science of cell counting. The product family includes instruments consumables and reagents.
The Customer Support Manager leads the team responsible for managing the full customer life cycle starting post-contract. Through on-boarding and training, the Customer Support Manager ensures that customers are fully engaged and getting the value that they expect. The Customer Support Manager leads a team of technical support specialists responsible for driving customer loyalty and ensuring that our customers are satisfied and are realizing measurable value from our products and services.
- Lead a team of technical support specialists responsible for remote and onsite technical support for customer technical issues, training needs and support.
- Partner with the customer to establish deployment objectives and success criteria and help them develop a plan to achieve those objectives.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the customer’s industry business challenges and objectives to appropriately features and associated business benefits to address their needs.
- Serve as a customer advocate in driving industry best practices and the evolution of product and platform functionality, courses and support services integral to the customer's success.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with stakeholders in your account portfolio by networking between customers, partners, and internal resources.
- Lead a team responsible to improve technology adaptation, lifetime customer value and overall customer satisfaction.
- Manage customer implementations across Nexcelom and customer teams with a focus on strong collaboration using project management techniques that provide transparency for the team and stakeholders.
- Support the development of and execution against detailed implementation project plans based on Nexcelom’s Customer Implementation Methodology.
- Identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business objectives and develop risk mitigation plans to manage the risk with Customer and the Nexcelom team.
· Serve as the liaison for customer requirements and partner with the product development team to aggregate common needs.
- Manage the full cycle feedback loop across customers, internal departments and all key stakeholders.
- Provide detailed descriptions and training of new product features to assist with product documentation and training materials including user manuals, training presentations and videos.
- Meet with existing customers to collect feedback, customization requests, and to provide training support on new features provided in product upgrades.
- Provide insight toward product development initiatives from information gathered from customer support issues.
- Deliver successful customers to the contract renewal cycle and, where necessary, support the renewals process to maximize customer retention.
- Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or in a scientific discipline required (Biology, Bio-Engineering, chemistry, biochemistry preferred)
- Dynamic leader with previous team management experience in a customer-facing organization required.
- Familiarity with a scientific discipline, life science or laboratory environment preferred but not required.
- Experience with customer relationship management best practice including software, automation, metrics and work flows.
- Proven capability to collaborate with all levels of the organization.
- Highly organized, creative and motivated, energized working in entrepreneurial culture, self-starter, strong problem solver with excellent written communications and presentation skills. Lean knowledge a plus.
- Ability to manage complex, high-value accounts
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
- Willingness to accommodate significant travel
No Recruiters or Solicitors, please.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.