Senior Software Engineer
Amplified IT is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer. This will be reporting to the Software Engineering Lead and working closely with the rest of the Product Development team to deliver products and services that have an impact on Education. You will work across a full stack of modern web technologies such as web applications, G Suite add-ons, and Chrome extensions. We integrate tightly with Google’s G Suite tools and the full range of APIs available, using Apps Script, Angular, Node.js, Express and a wide range of Google Cloud Platform services.
Amplified IT is a multi-award winning education-technology consultancy. We’re proud to say that we currently work with over 4,000 districts; including 10 of the 15 largest in North America. Our success comes down to our team, products and the way we work: in short we know Google and we know Education.
At Amplified IT, we believe diverse teams work smarter, have more fun on the job, and empathize better with the needs of schools. When we hire, evaluate, reward, and promote, we strive to ensure each person is judged as an individual on the merits of their unique contributions to the work, free from possible bias or discrimination.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with our distributed/remote Product Development team, in particular, the Edinburgh-based Lead Software Engineer
- Analyse, develop, test and release products features, enhancements and improvements, working across the full technology stack.
- Work within a agile/scrum-inspired team on a range of software product development projects
- Facilitate innovative design and delivery of solutions to challenging technical issues through information gathering and collaboration
- Participate in conversations about product roadmap, the technology stack and product development process
- Assist in guiding and mentoring software engineers on technology best practices
- You have 5+ years of experience on a production web application development team, including exposure to APIs, with attention to performance
- You have a strong grasp of web development fundamentals and patterns that allow you to produce clean, maintainable code; delivering new features and enhancements while improving product scalability and general performance
- You are able to analyse bugs, even without looking at the code, using your intuition and experience
- You communicate well and have creative problem solving skills
- You have a solid understanding of Angular (or other MV* frameworks) and ability to write clean, concise, and maintainable code
- You have experience using deployment workflow and task automation processes
Nice to have:
- Experience building product integrations with Google APIs and/or Google Apps Script
- Visualisation frameworks (e.g. d3.js)
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Experience working within a CI/CD process
- Experience with broad range of testing technologies and solutions
What can Amplified IT do for you?
- Mission driven culture focused on improving technology access in K-12 schools in North America
- Flexible working hours to support work-life balance
- Market competitive rates and benefits including healthcare, dental and FSA
- 401k with a 4% Company Match
- Professional and personal development stipends
- Paid time off and sick leave
- Opportunity to join dynamic, fast growth-stage company
At this time, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this position.