Our Creative Studio, outlier, is seeking a Copywriter to collaborate with design to translate strategy into concept and campaign for multiple channels. Our Copywriters bring exceptional creative thought and rationale into developing and delivering projects from brief to target. No ideas are too big or too small, but you know that, because you think in and outside of the box. You also know that “think outside the box” is an overused metaphor, and never use it. You also never use words like agile, synergy, or wordsmith. You do, however, bring a fresh approach to storytelling and creative solutions with clarity and persuasion… and on budget.
What you’ll do:
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Create outstanding concepts in a way that shows a thorough understanding of the strategy
● Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of our client’s brand and implement it into all creative work
● Use creativity and your understanding of culture to solve problems.
● Have your own voice and continue to develop it
● Work alongside Designers, Producers, Animators, and Front-End Developers to ensure creative vision is achieved and client expectations are met
● Work with Project Management and Accounts to obtain project specifics: strategy, budget and schedule
● Be up to date on current trends and behaviors
● Be experienced in doing your own research and developing insights
● Team up with peers to overcome obstacles and create client success
● Work quickly, often completing jobs within very tight deadlines
● Offer client and team members innovative advice and solutions from industry examples and experience
● Prioritize workload and time management
What you’ll bring:
● Bachelor’s degree, preferably with English, journalism or marketing focus
● Four or more years of copywriting, advertising and interactive experience
● Online portfolio of concept, campaign, and writing examples
● Demonstrated understanding of and curiosity about current and emerging digital channels and platforms
● Ability to stay on voice, on brand, and on target
● Ability to collaborate across teams and clients
● Demonstrated understanding of clients’ business needs, and the ability to concept and create compelling solutions that align with overall creative strategy
● Proven ability to listen, digest and resolve client feedback with a creative solution and a positive, can-do attitude
● Ability to take ownership of projects, as well as willingness to step in to help others as needed
● Open-mindedness, positive thinking and enthusiasm
● Excellent time-management and communication skills
● Great sense of humor; willingness to work hard
● Capability of working on multiple projects, small or large, with various project leads
Who We Are: OutCast is a communications & marketing firm. We are strategists and creatives who, like our partners, have a hyper-growth mindset to drive change and create value for transformative companies at all stages. Founded in 1997, OutCast has offices in San Francisco, New York, Washington, DC, Los Angeles, Seattle and London.
About outlier: outlier is the creative design studio of OutCast. We bring visual storytelling to life. With a focus on branding, campaigns, and experiences, outlier creates compelling ways to share your message. Our diverse team has expertise in brand architecture, graphics, photography, digital narratives, and physical experiences. We embrace the power of creative expression and push boundaries to deliver design excellence, every day. Visit our portfolio website to view our work: outlier.theoutcastagency.com
OutCast Values: Excellence. Integrity. Balance. Purpose. Inclusion.
EEO Disclaimer: OutCast is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Show moreShow less