At MarketFinance, we celebrate ambitious business leaders. They bring strength to our economy and are building the world we all want to live in. MarketFinance is one of the UK's leading Fintechs and we use smart technology, backed by help from great people, to deliver flexible business finance solutions, directly and quickly. Our online platform and proprietary risk model enable us to provide business loans and advance cash against outstanding invoices, in the form of working capital funding, so that businesses can get on with growing - instead of having to worry about cash flow. We believe in the endless possibilities that arise when entrepreneurs have more time to focus on what they love.
Our values matter and as part of the team, they’ll be yours too.
#MakeItHappen | #1Team1Dream | #AlwaysBeLearning
Initially, the main focus of this role will be to help with the support and optimisation of the current data-platform. Going forward, this person will help with the design, implementation and deployment of new services on Azure, ensuring that they’re scalable and fit for purpose.
- Hard skills
- Strong Python and SQL skills
- Processing of large data sets (ETL jobs) on distributed systems
- At least 1 year experience with Azure cloud data products (for example: HD Insights, Data Lake Analytics, Data Factory)
- Knows and applies testing best practices
- Soft skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving
- High level of autonomy (completes task end-to-end, proactively reaches out to stakeholders to gather inputs, etc
Nice to have:
- C# experience
- Serverless experience i.e. Azure functions, AWS Lambda etc.
- Event-streaming architecture/technologies (Apache Kafka, etc)
- Experience with AWS (Athena, S3, Lambda, StepFunctions, etc)
We are a team of bright and talented people from different backgrounds and cultures, with different perspectives, skills and experiences, who work together to get things done. Positivity is key which means we support each other and have a lot of fun along the way. Our celebration of small businesses binds us together and keeps us focused on our ultimate purpose. Whether this celebration comes from working in small businesses previously, having founded a business or having experienced it through family we all have this unique appreciation and it drives us to be the best for our customers.
At MarketFinance, the opportunity for growth is as big as your ambition. Things move quickly in FinTech and that’s all part of the adventure. Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary and best-in-class share options scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus your birthday off
- Mentoring from industry leaders and the opportunity to make an impact at one of Europe’s foremost Fintechs
- Private health coverage and half-price Virgin Active gym membership
- Enhanced maternity leave, Amazon Kindle and unlimited e-books
- Excellent company culture and a great office in the heart of Shoreditch