First Media is a millennial focused media company and one of the top 10 publishers on Facebook, with 1.6 billion monthly views. We are seeking a smart, strategic and creative Marketing Manager to join our Marketing department. This is a great opportunity to grow and expand your brand marketing and messaging skills at a growing media startup in lifestyle verticals including food, DIY, home décor, baby & parenting and beauty. You’ll be part of a fast-paced, fun and creative company. The Marketing Manager will report to the VP of Marketing and Client Services in our Los Angeles headquarters. This person will need to be a strategic thinker, as well as a tactical executor for all corporate and brand communication efforts to B2B and consumer audiences.
- Build and execute brand messaging and marketing strategies in order to communicate our brand effectively and strengthen consumer awareness
- Handle B2B and B2C full social communication strategy and execution on an every-other-day basis (IG, FB, LinkedIn, etc)
- Create and manage email marketing strategies to our clients and consumers
- Write copy and PR Newswires for social media, press releases, our website, etc
- Update marketing collateral on a monthly basis (Media kit, Sales kit, One Sheets, Fact Sheets, Website, etc)
- Assist VP of Marketing and Client Services with planning and overall project management, ensuring all timelines and deliverables are met
- Oversee day-to-day tactical initiatives for the client’s business; maintain a focus on the short-term deliverables while understanding the client’s long-term goals
- Communicate real time success updates with clients and internal team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, PR, Communications or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in social media or brand marketing in advertising, editorial, or digital media industries
- Writing/PR experience
- PowerPoint experience
- Strong understanding of the social and digital ecosystem and how brands should participate in an authentic way.
- Experience working in-house for a lifestyle brand
- Proactive approach and ability to take initiative, leveraging and learning from successes and challenges of other emerging First Media markets
- Strong communicator and relationship builder, with existing deep rolodex of valuable industry and/or category-relevant contacts
First Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.