Email Marketing Manager
Ollie was born with the mission of improving the lives of pets and pet parents nationwide. We make human-grade pet food, tailored for each dog’s nutritional needs, and deliver directly to our customers’ doors. Through Ollie’s carefully crafted meals, dogs can truly live their healthiest, happiest lives.
We are a newly remote team, with a majority of employees based in NYC, and are backed by the same venture capital companies behind Instacart, Warby Parker, Glamsquad, Mirror, Prose, and Allbirds.
We are looking for an Email Marketing Manager to own the strategy for our email programs to all audiences (prospects, leads and customers) and independently manage end-to-end CRM operations. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to run their own show, and has the strategic chops and attention to detail to do so.
This role will work cross functionally and require strong collaboration, communication and project management. You will report to the Sr Director of Acquisition & Retention, and manage the deployment of all email marketing campaigns to drive positive impact, engagement, subscription and reactivation.
This role will require a strong blend of analytics, planning and campaign execution, and be focused on measuring and optimizing effectiveness. You should have a test and learn mentality, always wanting to improve our efforts. You will also keep Ollie current on email marketing best practices with regard to content strategies, data capture, analysis, deliverability, and CAN-SPAM compliance.
Ollie’s team is evolving from a NYC based group to a fully distributed workforce so we welcome applications from across the U.S.
- Own all CRM marketing across leads and customers, deploying effective campaigns across email, SMS, and in-box messaging
- Build and deploy all email/SMS campaigns, leveraging our ESP to flawlessly deliver targeted, effective messaging to our customers
- Analyze and optimize one-off campaigns and automated workflows, understanding key performance drivers and developing best practices to maximize effectiveness
- Launch A/B tests across messaging, creative, promotion, and landing pages, maintaining an ongoing testing framework and reporting regularly on test results
- Leverage 1st and 3rd party data to further develop audience segmentation, creating personalized messaging across email/SMS to achieve relevant, targeted messaging
- Drive subscriber growth for Ollie, with a focus on driving high LTV and acquiring better customers
- Partner closely with Creative team to create consistent, brand-driven messaging and visual design, balancing industry best practices with brand identity
- You have 3-5 years of relevant experience (bonus if you have done email marketing for a consumer subscription business)
- Ideally you have experience with modern ESPs, big plus for experience with Iterable
- You have a successful track record of developing and executing email marketing campaigns, ideally for both acquisition and retention strategies
- You are highly data-driven and have strong project management skills that will aid you in designing and optimizing marketing programs to deliver upon overall company goals and metrics
- You take ownership, are an inventive problem solver, and have a high-level of accountability
- You work well cross-functionally, with experience working with Creative and Tech teams
- You are a self-starter with the ability to identify, prioritize, and help the team focus on the tasks that drive the most value
- You have a deep understanding of customer segmentation and ability to read the data
- You are detail-oriented, operate with urgency and are comfortable with a high degree of dynamism in the business
- This is a remote position and will require a go getter to be able to influence others to help achieve your agenda over zoom and slack
- Competitive pay + a stake in the company
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Unlimited vacation policy that you’re actually encouraged to use
- Paid parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly lunch stipend through Seamless
- Home office set-up budget
- 1-week paw-ternity leave for new dog parents
- Ollie subscription for one dog
- Inspiring pack members!
If you’d like to standout, tell us in your cover letter why you’re interested in joining Ollie and how your skills match the responsibilities detailed in this posting.
Ollie embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We’re committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Ollie is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please email [email protected]