Copywriter - 21162
A global luxury brand in the Washington, DC Metro area is seeking a Copywriter to create inspiring, memorable and compelling copy across all marketing platforms. The Copywriter can sit in Bethesda, MD or New York City, NY.
The Copywriter will play a key role in writing and producing content, guiding creative strategy, designing and delivering content pitches, and executing digital marketing and social media initiatives. This role will lead the narrative development of social media experiences spanning multiple brands on key platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and others supporting the brand’s overarching strategies (i.e. engagement, awareness, etc.). The Copywriter will also manage the partner with Digital Teams and Digital Paid Media teams to manage the strategy and execution of copy and brand content.
- Develop copy ideas that support the brand and are in line with the marketing strategy. Apply existing voice and brand to new copy pieces.
- Craft copy and creative strategy and prioritizing, managing, supporting and executing select digital marketing strategy initiatives (brand website, social media, field support) to support assigned brands.
- Partner with Creative Directors, Art Director and other team members to generate breakthrough concepts that meet and exceed the requirements of creative briefs, ensuring the look supports the concept.
- Hands-on execution of concepts and written collateral within a full range of mediums, including platform specific social copy, web copy, interviews, listicles, talent copy, scripts, and more.
- Work with agency and internal partners to concept and write creative assets such as digital display, video, social media assets, paid search ads, emails, landing pages, on-site promotional placements.
- Oversee brand social media content creation, approval of editorial calendar, and support of influencer programs implemented by agency or in house.
- Oversee the writing, brand voice and content for brand level social media and digital channels.
- When applicable, oversee agencies and/or social media writers for each brand.
- Work with internal team to ensure in-house content is produced on or under budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field.
- 5 – 7 + years of advertising copywriting experience in print, video and digital space.
- Knack for storytelling prowess and the ability to write compelling and persuasive copy.
- Experience with travel industry is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with developing, launching, managing website and mobile projects
- Demonstrated experience writing treatments and video scripts.
- Demonstrated experience with Social Media marketing, monitoring, management, content and advertising