TITLE: Data Manager
DEPARTMENT: Office of the President
REPORTS TO: Chief of Staff
SALARY : $75,000
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates, please forward cover letter and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can apply through the following link https://www.indeed.com/job/data-manager-d469d2449d0280aa. Candidates who do not submit both a cover letter and resume will not be considered for this position.
ABFE is a membership-based philanthropic organization that advocates for responsive and transformative investments in Black communities. Partnering with foundations, nonprofits, and individuals, ABFE provides its members with professional development and technical assistance resources that further the philanthropic sector's connection and responsiveness to issues of equality, diversity, and inclusion. Established in 1971 as the Association of Black Foundation Executives, the all-volunteer organization instituted many of philanthropy's early gains in racial diversity. ABFE has since evolved into a fully staffed, influential network. In 2013, the organization shed its descriptor and adopted the simpler ABFE to reflect its broadening membership better. www.abfe.org
ABFE is currently seeking a seasoned professional with related data management experience to lead the organization data processes, serving as the individual responsible for helping to ensure our team and organization meet the following goals:
· High data quality (i.e., the system is trusted)
· Good user adoption (i.e., the system is used)
· Strategic usefulness (i.e., the system reflects and supports our evolving strategies and processes)
Currently, Donor Perfect is ABFE's primary system for membership, development, grants, and contacts. However, ABFE has plans to transition from Donor Perfect to Salesforce. The Data Manager will lead this process while building an organizational culture around Salesforce and equipping the system and its users to manage relevant processes.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the primary focus and area of emphasis within the first year of this new position are transitioning the organization from Donor Perfect to Salesforce. The Data Manager will serve in leadership, project management, support, and technical capacity roles. From a technical perspective, this role will work within Salesforce and related technologies to ensure high quality, high functioning, and secure system on an ongoing basis. From a support perspective, this person will be the primary contact for data management support, working proactively across the organization to ensure team members are successful within ABFE's data management system. They will also serve as the liaison with the United Philanthropy Forum's Knowledge Management Collaborative and other external Salesforce consultants. From a leadership perspective, the Data Manager will create an organizational culture around Salesforce by periodically meeting with staff across the organization to ensure Salesforce usage and solutions align to organizational priorities and to develop and maintain a roadmap of enhancements in line with each team's evolving strategies. This position will represent ABFE in the United Philanthropy Forum's Knowledge Management Collaborative, participating in this peer learning and action network to build and strengthen individual skills, suggest and identify technical and strategic system improvements, and share knowledge with ABFE staff. The ideal candidate is passionate about leveraging data to drive business strategy and is effective in communicating insights and recommendations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Success in this position depends on the ability to develop a collaborative working relationship with other departments to ensure that the integrity of the data and support systems are integrated across the organization and respond to the existing and anticipated needs of leadership and others within the organization. The Data Manager must go out of the way to fully understand the data management challenges in general and develop strategies to overcome challenges.
Other responsibilities include:
· Provide strategic advice to the President and senior leadership team on the best way to collect, manage, and analyze data that support short-and-long-term strategies, and continually improve systems for data-driven decision making.
· Provide strategic advice to the President and senior leadership on analyzing member engagement and partner with the Vice President of External Affairs and membership services staff to formalize and coordinate ABFE's member engagement and recruitment strategies.
· Partner with colleagues across the organization to strategize and implement database processes that support operational and programmatic goals.
· Partner with the Vice President of External Affairs and membership services staff to analyze and report on membership engagement statistics to the Board of Directors.
· Use Salesforce data to verify and monitor regular and time-specific goals for departments.
· Manage outside Salesforce and other data and technology-related consultants for high-quality outcomes within budget.
· Participate in the United Philanthropy Forum's Knowledge Management Collaborative.
· Check-in with staff on a regular schedule to gather feedback, identify opportunities for improvement and advocate for data-centric business practices.
· Ensure that the database works seamlessly with the website and other integrated systems and manages the process for approving and activating user accounts.
· Develop, maintain, and execute a roadmap of platform enhancements, including a system for communicating updates and priorities to the organization.
· Develop and manage a system for regular and timely response to user requests and questions
· Develop and implement systems and practices to secure the accuracy of database information and monitor data quality.
· Determine how best to utilize external consultants in effectively managing Salesforce related projects.
· Develop and coordinating database training sessions and resources for staff, program contractors, and, where appropriate, members.
· Train and coach users on how to use Salesforce and how to build, use, and interpret reports.
· Serve as the primary support contact for users on an ongoing basis.
· Keep abreast of new Salesforce features, functionality, and integrations to provide recommendations for process improvements.
· Plan and execute data migration from Donor Perfect to Salesforce and other source applications and documents, for example, Excel and other CRMs in organizational use.
· Configure Salesforce using all declarative means including standard customization, automation such as workflows, process builder and flows, as well as other point-and-click methods.
· Create Salesforce user policies and procedures around naming conventions of picklists, report folders, dashboards, and other areas to improve system usability.
· Setup integrations with third-party apps, e-mail service providers, etc.
· Extensively test all configuration, custom development, and integrations.
Evaluation and Learning
· Using Salesforce and working in partnership with senior leadership, staff, program contractors, and members help design and implement an evaluation framework that regularly generates and assesses organizational and programmatic measures
Sufficient education, training, or work experience to demonstrate possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities to excel in the position, including the following:
· Demonstrated commitment to ABFE's mission.
· Experienced with and commitment to racial equity, social justice, and advocacy.
· A solid understanding of Salesforce.
· Ability to work closely and cooperatively with a range of individuals with diverse interests, backgrounds, dispositions, and staff levels; display an aptitude for translating organizational needs into intuitive technical solutions.
· Strong communication skills, including the ability to explain relevant technical CRM and Salesforce concepts to non-technical audiences, effectively present information to the staff of varying roles and functions and respond to questions from staff at all levels of the organization.
· Ability to respond to and be proactive in anticipating user needs and inquiries.
· Highly organized, responsible, and attentive to timelines and details.
· Exceptional project management skills.
· Comfort working independently; experience in self-directing roles a plus.
· Must be able to exercise autonomy as the resident Salesforce expert, as well as serve as a team player. Minimum of 7 years relevant project management experience required;
· Strong skills in Microsoft Office 365 applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
· Familiarity with the philanthropic sector or membership organizations.
· Salesforce Certified.
· Experience with Donor Perfect.
ABFE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.