Caring Across Generations is an intersectional campaign working to make care more affordable and accessible at every stage of life, while making sure caregivers are treated with respect and dignity. Founded in 2011 by workers’ rights activists Sarita Gupta and Ai-jen Poo, we’re focused on creating change in three ways: organizing a powerful movement of the Caring Majority, fighting for groundbreaking policy at the state level and federal level, and changing hearts and minds through storytelling and leveraging pop culture.
The Grant Writer is responsible for developing, implementing, and supporting new and existing foundation and corporate fundraising initiatives to generate increased revenue to support our work. Additionally, this position may provide assistance in writing/editing any written material being used to communicate campaign strategy, events, program descriptions, etc.
- Formulate and draft foundation and corporation letters of inquiry, grant proposals, reports, and other related communication.
- Develop and prepare supporting materials for grant proposals.
- Research and identify new sources of support, track grants, and deadlines.
- Work closely with the Development Director and applicable program staff to become familiar with a wide array of programs and strategies to assist the Grantwrite in producing compelling and high-quality draft materials.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a nonprofit environment.
- Prior grant writing experience.
- Exemplary organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet firm deadlines required.
- Computer literate and proficient in e-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to interact effectively with management and institutional funders’ discretion and confidentiality.
- Salesforce experience preferred.