Virtual Program Manager, Student Business Competitions (Remote FT)
Position: SuitUp at Home Program Manager
Location: Remote for 2021, Optional to be in NYC for 2022
Full-Time / Part-Time: Full-Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience, $50,000-$60,000 range
Start Date: Salaried as of January 4th, 2021 (option to be on payroll as a contractor as early as November 2nd)
Overview of Suit Up
Founded in 2014, SuitUp is a 501c3 non-profit organization that increases college and career awareness with students from underserved communities. SuitUp organizes virtual and in-person student business competitions for corporate volunteers where employees help students solve a problem for a real company, like creating a new shoe for Nike or a new product for Beats by Dre. Since inception, SuitUp has hosted over 200 competitions for companies like Goldman Sachs, NBCUniversal, Snap Inc., Louis Vuitton, Forbes, and many others, organizing events for over 6,500 volunteers and impacting more than 8,500 students.
You can see our virtual program in action here:
You can see our in-person program in action here:
SuitUp is currently seeking to bring on employee #4 to join the Programs Team ( to support our new virtual program offering, SuitUp at Home.) This individual will be part of the team that is tasked with organizing and executing approximately 110 virtual competitions with corporate partners and select school partners each year. Our Programs Team is comprised of dynamic individuals that love “playing to a crowd” and can inspire both SuitUp volunteers and students to have amazing experiences with SuitUp’s competitions. They are driven, results-oriented, and incredibly organized. As SuitUp is small, we’re looking for a “team player” who truly can support the organization wherever we need help!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Preparing competition materials and coordinating logistics with schools and companies
· Leading competitions in virtual settings and school or company settings (60-100 people events)
· Managing relationships with school and corporate partners year after year to ensure repeat competitions
· Collecting and analyzing all survey data from events and creating company impact reports
· Identifying key volunteers that can help support SuitUp growth and expansion
· Supporting SuitUp’s Program Director in identifying school partners, training part-time facilitators and moderators, answering the general programs email, etc.
· Assisting SuitUp in its fundraising efforts by attending out of work hour hours events approximately 5-10 times a year (i.e. happy hours, Push Up for SuitUp, and Suit Up for SuitUp)
· Taking on tasks outside of job description to support SuitUp in its growth and for the good of the organization
Knowledge and Capabilities
· Strong comfortability with virtual education platforms (i.e. Zoom)
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with corporate volunteers (ages 21 to 65) and middle/high school students (ages 12 to 18) in a client-facing role
· Excellent public speaking, communication and presentation skills
· Coaches, motivates, and inspires individuals (young and old)
· Self-starter with the ability to take initiatives and run with projects independently, working with discretion and under pressure as needed
· Organized, energetic and positive with natural leadership qualities
· A passion for education and increasing career awareness for students in low-income communities
· Demonstrates an inspirational attitude that contributes to a positive team environment
· Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships along with a willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance
· Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced start-up culture
· Excellent skills in operating computers and various software packages including Microsoft Office (Powerpoint and Word)
College degree and 3-5 years of experience in the fields of education, youth development, or social work. This is a perfect role for a former teacher or youth development professional.
Perks/The Experience You’ll Have
· Experience working in a start-up organization in which everyone wears many different hats
· Learn how to facilitate large scale events with professional development opportunities in public speaking.
· Network with our diverse client base, which includes thousands of volunteers from some of the largest companies in the world such as Deloitte, Moody’s, KPMG, NBCUniversal, and Goldman Sachs
· Join a talented team in a fast-paced start-up environment in New York City
· Increase career awareness and marketable skills for thousands of students in low-income communities
· Flexible work schedule (around competitions) and ability to work remotely.
· Transportation stipend provided (monthly) as well as healthcare
SuitUp is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, and political affiliation.