Social Media & PR Coordinator
Who We Are:
FoodCorps believes every school should be a healthy school and every child – regardless of race, place, or class – deserves to be well-nourished and ready to learn. In communities across the country, our AmeriCorps leaders teach students about healthy food through hands-on lessons, partner with farmers and food service workers to create nutritious and delicious school meals, and collaborate with communities to ensure a long-term culture of health. Building on this foundation of direct impact, FoodCorps pursues systemic strategies that will benefit all of our nation’s 100,000 schools.
What We’re Looking For:
FoodCorps seeks a highly motivated Social Media and PR Coordinator who will work as part of the Marketing and Communications team by sharing stories on social media, engaging with digital audiences, and supporting PR efforts. In collaboration with the team, this role will be responsible for the social media presence of FoodCorps to include planning, writing and creating content, rapid-response posting, answering messages and comments, and analytics, as well as collaborating with the FoodCorps community to share their stories with the press.
This position reports to the Director of Content & Communications and will work closely with the Digital Marketing/Communications Manager and Content Manager. The position will be remote during this time of physical distancing, and we will consider fully-remote candidates.
Who You Are:
You are passionate about FoodCorps’ mission and values, and you’re driven by your commitment to health equity and social justice and you integrate these values into your work. You are building your career with a strong love for writing, content creation, story sharing, and social media. You believe in the power of social media to build and cultivate community. You keep up with the latest trends across different platforms. You are curious and eager to learn, ready to dive into community engagement and gathering data. You are great at identifying compelling stories and collaborating with people to share them. Writing is one of your strongest assets, and you understand the power of language and the importance of nuanced communication in the public forum of social media. You choose your words carefully, and your ability to make people feel heard is your superpower. You view every communication with a lens of equity and inclusion and are focused on ensuring proper channels of review for diverse voices.
- Plan, write, and edit social media posts on multiple channels for multiple audiences
- Engage with comments and messages on FoodCorps platforms
- Support PR efforts by brainstorming story ideas and connecting our PR agency with the FoodCorps community
- Write social media posts for large-scale online fundraising campaigns (e.g. Giving Tuesday), service member recruitment campaigns, and rapid-response political advocacy moments
- Collaborate with the FoodCorps community (service members, alumni, school partners, corporate partners, foundations, and more) to create social media takeovers, partnered social content, and stories to share with press
- Manage analytics measurement and tracking for FoodCorps' social media presence, and make recommendations based on data to grow our digital reach, maximize use of our assets, and increase engagement on existing and new channels
- Identify trending topics in the press, social media, and popular culture relevant to FoodCorps and tap into them to build brand awareness
- Help to train FoodCorps service members and staff on successful management of local social media channels and blogging
- In collaboration with the team, start and manage Twitter account for CEO and other FoodCorps thought leaders
- Provide additional help as needed on other communications projects
Skills of the Ideal Candidate:
- 0-2 years experience managing a brand’s social media and monitoring analytics
- Strong writing and editing skills, with experience writing content geared toward different audiences
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to produce original, clear, concise content within tight deadlines
- Superb attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity about, understanding of, and enthusiasm for the work of FoodCorps, with an interest in food, health, education, agriculture, and/or national service
- Experience with and interest in inclusive, equitable communications
- Ability to work independently and as part of a very collaborative team
- Graphic design and Adobe Creative Suite skills are a plus
How to Apply: Applications will be accepted until our ideal candidate is identified. To be considered, submit your résumé, cover letter and salary requirements through our hiring site at http://foodcorps.hiringthing.com/.
FoodCorps pays salaries that are competitive with nonprofits of our budget size and geographic location, and offers generous vacation and medical benefits, 401(k) matching, professional development funds and a sabbatical policy. This position is a Coordinator level role with an annual salary range between $42,000 - $45,000/yr.
People of color, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. FoodCorps is committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. FoodCorps is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions. FoodCorps provides reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees as required by law.
Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the employment process.
Location: New York, NY or remoteShow moreShow less