Customer Success Associate
Opportunity@Work is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to increase career opportunities for the 71 million adults in the U.S. who do not have a four-year college degree but are Skilled Through Alternative Routes (STARs).
For STARs, the American Dream has been fading due in part to an “opportunity gap,” in which access to the good jobs required for upward mobility often depends less on people’s skills and more on whether and where they went to college, who they know professionally and socially, or even how they look.
We envision a future in which employers hire people based on skills rather than their pedigree. We are uniting companies, workforce development organizations and philanthropists in a movement to restore the American Dream so that every STAR can work, learn and earn to their full potential.
About the Role
The Customer Success Associate is responsible for contributing to customer adoption and sales on the Opportunity Marketplace. They will guide users through the customer journey including onboarding and implementation, training, and success planning. This person will be responsible for fostering product adoption and user satisfaction, assist with change management, capture and provide product feedback, and track and resolve open issues.
This team member should have a track record of fostering and maintaining strong customer relationships in a start-up-like, agile environment with a keen technical aptitude to learn, adapt, and improve upon new tools and systems quickly.
This fully remote role reports the Customer Success Manager and will be part of a growing dynamic team that includes Customer Acquisition and Product Marketing.
- Create a meaningful first impression to our customers by providing them with a thorough and prompt resolution to customer concerns, questions, or technical issues within agreed upon Service Level Agreement timeframes across a variety of channels such as email, live support, ticketing system, phone etc.
- Track user feedback to help influence the product roadmap and maintain communication with customers to resolve product issues
- Solve complex problems and work on a diversity of tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively articulate complex information to customers of all technical levels
- Identify and mitigate risks that block product adoption and customer satisfaction
- Problem solve creatively and be willing to design, learn, and iterate functional processes within an agile, startup environment
- Work closely with the Customer Acquisition and Product to share learnings, feedback, and best practices to continuously learn and develop the Customer Success function.
- Identify and analyze issues, patterns, and trends in technical problems, usability obstacles, and product feedback and clearly communicate back to Product and Marketplace Business teams
- Record and track data and interactions using tools like Jira, Zendesk or similar tools
- Take on ad-hoc projects as necessary to support scaling
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- 1-2 years working in customer support, preferably with a SaaS product
- Previous experience working for a startup
- Energetic, proactive self-starter and dedicated team player, highly capable of identifying and executing the necessary steps needed to drive towards individual and shared outcomes
- Strong interpersonal skills, allowing you to function within a team and to build relationships with valued customers
- An aptitude and hunger for learning about technology and analytics
- Creative and collaborative problem-solver; comfort working through ambiguity to assess and define priorities effectively
- Strong record of internal and external stakeholder relationship management experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Previous experience working in a remote environment
- Passion for Opportunity@Work’s mission
- Experience with a ticketing system like Zendesk or Helpscout preferred
- Experience with Google suite preferred
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation: We believe in equal pay for equal work. Salary for our positions are based on market data and NOT what you’ve been paid before nor your negotiation skills.
- Healthcare: We pay 100% of your medical, dental, and vision coverage and 50% of the premium for your spouse and/or dependents.
- Retirement: We match 4% of your salary (up to a maximum of $5,000) annually, and will contribute an additional 1% of your salary, even if you don’t make a contribution.
- Paid Time Off We value work/life balance and trust our team members to be productive. In service of this, our Responsible Paid Time Off policy does not limit time off.
- Parental Leave: To help support new parents in the workplace, we offer 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Flexible Work Schedules: We are 100% remote through 2020 and afterward will continue to offer flexible schedules including partial work from home options.
- Professional Development: We believe that developing our team members’ skills is a pathway to accomplishing our mission. To this end, we offer you $2,000 annually for the professional development opportunities of your choice.
- Convivial Office Environment: Casual work attire and a fully stocked kitchen (and ping-pong!)
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.
Opportunity@Work is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.Show moreShow less