Director of Client Development
Director of Client Development
Opportunity Lab is a strategy consulting firm focused on company growth through conscious business. We believe that the only way that businesses can grow sustainably is when their strategy is centered around caring deeply about their customers, employees, and the communities they serve. We work with our clients to co-create a resilient, inclusive strategy that results in a culture of opportunity: where a business can grow in any economy.
Opportunity Lab has worked with leaders from Google, Apple, JPMorgan Chase, General Electric, Goldman Sachs, Adorama, Feltsberg, The New York Times, Wharton School of Business, New York University, Columbia University, NBC, Time Warner, and the United Nations.
Mark Monchek is the Founder and Chief Opportunity Officer of Opportunity Lab. He’s the author of the Amazon nonfiction bestseller Culture of Opportunity: How to Grow Your Business in an Age of Disruption. This position reports directly to Mark. There will be a significant opportunity to learn from him and build relationships through him and Opportunity Lab’s expansive network.
Opportunity Lab is in a unique position to scale our impact given the increased relevance of Mark’s book and the CoO products that Opportunity Lab has developed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. COVID-19 and its surrounding challenges have created a significant demand for these programs.
These circumstances have inspired Opportunity Lab to attract a conscious, passionate, and experienced client relationship manager.
Primary Objective of this Role
To lead and implement a client engagement strategy that provides our clients with the best possible results.
1) The Director of Client Development will co-lead Opportunity Lab client engagements. This involves having the ability to:
- Conduct client needs assessments
- Customize the Culture of Opportunity Process and other programs for each client
- Co-facilitate the programs with Opportunity Lab teams (note: eventually this role will facilitate programs on his or her own)
- Display proficiency in Project Management
2) Lead and Manage Opportunity Lab Client Relationships and engagements, including:
- Engage and expand the Opportunity Lab Network
- Research ideal clients, markets, history, background, etc.
- Respond to prospective client needs, requests
- Deepen client relationships for Opportunity Lab long term growth and profitability
3) Lead and Manage Mark Monchek Brand Business Development
- Identify ideal opportunities for Mark’s speaking engagements, podcasts, webinars, etc.
- Support Mark and our team in developing his thought leadership to relate to his ideal audience and to create maximum impact
- Book Mark on podcasts, radio shows, speaking engagements, etc. (or find a speakers’ bureau to do that).
4) Provide operational and strategy support
- Support Mark and our team and his senior team on an as-needed basis in general management of the organization and the office
Experience and Qualifications
The Opportunity Lab Director of Client Development has a passionate commitment to evolving as a person and as a professional. The person in this role is driven to help create a fairer, more inclusive, more abundant world, a world in which organizations succeed by caring deeply about their customers, their associates, and the communities in which they do business.
Job Experience Requirements include a proven track record in:
- Providing consulting services and project management
- Facilitating workshops and experiential client programs
- Client relationship building
- Research in understanding clients’ needs and the networks they operate within.
- Enabling client and other business opportunities, e.g.
- Development and presentation of client and speaker proposals, budgets, and project plans.
- Development of press releases, query letters, and networking to book radio and TV appearances podcasts, publishing articles, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years experience in a professional services environment, specifically in consulting, strategy, project management, and business development
- Proficient in Google Drive, Microsoft Office Suite, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms, Video Conferencing, Project and Task Management software
- A strong commitment to personal and professional development
Applicants must be based in the New York Metro area.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Janie Brookshire at janieb@opplab. com.