Technical Content Developer
GitHub is seeking an individual passionate about technology and helping individuals and organizations in their journey to practice modern software development. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to research and deeply understand the technical challenges facing our customers, and create content to help them be successful.
- Develop Git and GitHub content to be hosted on the major eLearning platforms, to include Learning Lab, Microsoft Learn, CodeAcademy, PluralSight, EdX, Future Learn, Microsoft etc.
- Build and nurture relationships with the internal stakeholders and third party content platforms
- Work closely with the Services Programs team to create quality educational content on a broad spectrum of topics
- Pitch new content to third party platforms to increase GitHub’s position of thought leadership
- Create videos and tutorials that promote GitHub as a thought leader in the space of collaboration, Innersource, Transformation, and more
- Work with community members through forums and other methods to incorporate learner feedback into existing resources
- Skilled at converting knowledge into learning experiences, with strong aptitude and enthusiasm to learn technical skills and portray that learning to others
- Developed high quality technical curriculum, content, or programs in many formats, like written, hands-on activities, video, workshops, presentations, etc.
- Familiarity with modern software development practices and DevOps principles, such as: CI/CD, infrastructure automation, container concepts, InnerSource, and cloud infrastructure
- Ability to collaborate, synthesize feedback, and work well with others, including customers, and team members, and channel partners
- Comfortable speaking with technical audiences
- Travel: 10-20%. Limited travel required for internal meetings and events
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- Instructional Design experience creating multifaceted programs (i.e., consultations, in-person training, asynchronous courses) or other technical content creation experience
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.