Freelance Tech Marketing Copywriter / Content Writer (Part-time / Remote)
We're looking for a freelance marketing professional to help with developing and writing content, specifically case studies and blog posts, as well as potentially other marketing content (presentations, web content, social media, email newsletters, videos etc.)
Qbiz is a San Francisco based data consulting firm, providing an environment for top data engineers and practitioners to collaborate and learn from each other, while helping organizations make smart, data-driven decisions by translating their data into meaningful and actionable information.
While we have some near-term deliverables we need help with immediately, after that we anticipate ongoing this being flexible, on-demand work that while lumpy could average around 5-10 hours a week over the coming year. We’re growing, and for the right person there could be opportunities to take on more responsibilities and transition to steady part time or full time at some point in the future, although that isn't required.
Specifically we’re looking for someone with some familiarity with or ideally interest in data strategy/analytics/science, has written tech B2B content before, and is good at interviewing engineers on their work and synthesizing and organizing it into impactful readable copy.
- 2+ years professional writing experience, preferably in a startup / technology environment
- Excited to learn more through this work about the data analytics industry and help our small firm grow
- Sharp attention to detail with high-level organizational skills and ability to deal with multiple teams/projects simultaneously
- Tech-savvy with the ability to explain complex technical matters in a simple manner without using jargon
- Ability to adapt writing to the brand’s voice and adhering closely to evolving stakeholder needs
- Ability to ideate on marketing direction and creatively craft a best-in-class customer-facing experience while addressing all objectives
- Ability to interact productively during brainstorming and kick-off meetings, work independently, and communicate information among team members
This work will be fully remote, however US time zone required. Please provide resume and links to previous work.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $35.00 - $55.00 per hour
- On call
- Fully Remote
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more