At HelpDocs we build documentation software that helps companies scale their customer support. We serve hundreds of millions of pages a month for companies of all sizes. From Fortune 100 companies down to fledgling 2-people-in-a-garden-shed startups (true story).
We’re making knowledge bases (traditionally dull and unloved) into something you’ll actually want to update. One that helps customers find what they’re looking for. Ultimately that means happier customers and lower churn.
We’re a fully remote, bootstrapped, profitable team that’s growing fast. The vast majority of our growth so far has been organic. We grow by building a good product and writing interesting things.
As a Customer Advocate on the Customer Education team you’ll be working closely with the company founders to support our customers through email and video chat, plus proactively reach out to users to make sure they’re making the most of their subscriptions. This role is ~ 30% reactive, 70% proactive.
About the role
The main responsibilities of this role:
- Respond to technical support emails (mostly these come in from 2pm -> 11pm UTC Monday -> Friday)
- Identify successful users and reach out for customer stories and testimonials
- Identify struggling users and reach out to help them make the most of the product
- Conduct small group and individual workshops to educate users about certain features
- Keep our help documentation up to date in response to customer queries and new features
- Triage feature requests to the Product team and help identify areas of improvement
As a member of a small team you’ll also need to get stuck into things outside your wheelhouse. Here’s some examples of tasks you might be asked to do as part of your role:
- Writing long-form blog posts
- Creating short screencast and talking head videos
- Run live video demos to explain the product in its entirety to prospective users
- Designing and improving customer onboarding sequences
- ~ 28 paid vacation days per year. Take the time you need to be healthy and happy. We’re not counting—this is honor based.
- One fully-paid team retreat. We’ll go somewhere nice for a week and HelpDocs’ll pick up all your expenses.
- $300/m healthcare stipend toward private health insurance
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave
- $70/m towards a gym membership or other fitness activities
- $2k equipment allowance given every 3 years.
The range for this role is $54-65k per year. We don’t pay on location. We have bands based on experience. You’ll be retained as a full-time consultant and responsible for your own taxes.