At Athletic Greens, our purpose is to inspire fulfilling lives, starting with a focus on health. Our core values are people first, life is an opportunity and no compromises. These values guide us in every decision we make. We look for these values within our own team, but also in anyone who works with us.
We’ve spent 10 years researching with the help of doctors, naturopaths, and nutritionists to create the highest efficacy and nutritionally complete supplement on the planet. We never stop learning, growing, and researching. It’s our mission to continue adding value to our products and improving the lives of our customers.
Athletic Greens is looking for a Product Manager who will be the business owner for all customer facing and backend technical systems and architecture. The Product Manager role is critical to the business and ensures our customer experience is seamless from the moment they land on our website, to selecting product, checking out and managing their subscriptions.
This position is also responsible for managing all internal technology and e-commerce systems including administration, on-boarding and development with the aim to drive efficiency through technology so we can work smarter and scale rapidly through systems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Gain a thorough understanding of our business and build out technical roadmaps to improve customer experience as well as internal business operations.
- Create backlogs, prioritize and build out requirements ahead of time for dev team to write technical scopes.
- Work with internal department stakeholders to prioritize and plan project execution and required resourcing requirements.
- Build out project milestones and tasks to ensure on time completion of technology roadmap initiatives.
- Validate current and future systems from a technical perspective to ensure capabilities are aligned with internal expectations.
- Help manage our system architecture and system integrations.
- Develop and manage sprint plans for outsourced UI/UX and DevOps teams.
- Translate business requirements into user stories, use cases and build our acceptance criteria for UI/UX teams.
- Manage an external team of developers.
- Monitor and report on system uptime, page loading speeds and stability.
- Support product implementation and deployment.
- Implement and own the process for QA, UAT and code deployment.
- Participate, create, and utilize both quantitative and qualitative methods in understanding usage trends – including usability testing and analytics platforms.
- Support product roadmaps by conducting user research, project scoping and A/B test iteration ideas.
- Contribute to front-end testing and troubleshooting, helping maximize engineering capacity when possible.
- Work with Customer Happiness team to review and analyze trends and work with UX team on solutions.
- Manage A/ B testing and ensure quick iterations are implemented.
- Communicate with stakeholders to ensure requirements are being met.
- Be able to tell the story of why a project is important and rally team members around a common goal.
- Review backend code if necessary to ensure we’re efficiently communicating between systems.
- Regularly communicate to the company on the status of major initiatives as well as reviews of recent deployments.
- Be the driver for continuously improving our technology stack.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with all major technology partners to manage and monitor performance.
- Manage the technology budget.
- Translate high-level business ideas and requirements into technical documentation and manage the execution of such with internal and external partners.
- Move quickly. We strive for perfection, but love to release and iterate.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in a technology related field.
- Minimum 5 years experience at a Product Management level, within e-commerce.
- Subscription billing a huge plus.
- Experience managing a team of developers in a remote/distributed setting.
- Solid technical expertise; you understand development and engineering from a technical perspective and can create and vet technical documentation.
- You understand both backend and front end development thoroughly and can review and explain code to ensure efficient operations.
- Experience working with and a deep understanding of API integrations.
- Ability to write technical documentations and user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Solid understanding of data flows between e-commerce, payment, ERP and analytical systems.
- Experience working with data segmentation and analytical platforms.
- Experience across UI/UX as well as DevOps.
- An experienced and exceptional project manager with agile experience.
- Experience working with eCommerce platforms like Shopify, Magento or BigCommerce in combination with plugged in 3rd party apps is a plus. (eg. subscription billing, analytics, website editing and more).
- You’ve been a part of an e-commerce business that has expanded internationally.
- A great communicator with a lot of attention to detail.
- You love giving / receiving feedback as well as keeping the stakeholders up to date on what is happening in technology.
- You’re decisive & proactive: you understand that we need to move quickly and that starts by making decisions, owning them and iterating when required.
- You are intrinsically motivated and strive in a WFH environment.
- Experience working in a small team/startup type setting is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A 100% remote working environment, which has been implemented from day one.
- An immensely strong company culture that is enforced through the hiring process ensures values alignment and a highly collaborative team.
- A mission-driven approach to each and everything that we do, with an overall goal to significantly improve our customer’s health and wellness.
- 90% premium coverage for top medical, dental and vision plans.
- A 401k plan with an employer match up to 4% after three months of employment.
- A high-growth, dynamic environment with unlimited opportunities for your direct impact to be felt.
- Annual company-wide retreats & quarterly team-wide meet-ups.
- An unlimited vacation policy.
- A brand new laptop of your choice + budget for home office set-up or co-working space.
- The opportunity to work with passionate, high-growth, business-minded colleagues who bring their all to the Athletic Greens mission each and every day.