Individual Giving Manager
Caring Across Generations (caringacross.org) is an intersectional campaign working to make care more affordable and accessible at every stage of life, while making sure caregivers are treated with respect and dignity. Founded in 2011 by workers’ rights activists Sarita Gupta and Ai-jen Poo, we’re focused on creating change in three ways: organizing a powerful movement of the Caring Majority, fighting for groundbreaking policy at the state level and federal level, and changing hearts and minds through storytelling and leveraging pop culture.
The Individual Giving Manager, supervised by the Director of Development, will be responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive annual giving program to increase Caring Across Generations’ individual giving portfolio and support. The Individual Giving Manager will cultivate, develop, and oversee relationships with existing donors and new prospects, focusing on securing gifts of $1,000+ from individuals in support of Caring Across strategic objectives.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual gift prospects, with a special focus on major gifts
- Support Caring Across Generations staff (in particular Development and Digital department team members) in designing and implementing individual-focused fundraising efforts needed to sustain resource-support (ie. language drafting support for non-major gift appeal efforts).
- Steward new individual leads for major gifts and planned gifts through the management of prospect research, tracking tools, and donor database development.
- Solicit and close gifts at all levels, beginning at $1,000+; with the goal of achieving an average gift of $5000/donor in major gifts received.
- Prepare written proposals, informational, and other materials needed to secure individual gifts.
- In consultation with the Director of Development, annually establish personal goals, objectives, and strategies for major gift fundraising, and regularly assess progress toward goals.
- Lead and create, in collaboration with CAG staff (most often, the Development and Digital Directors), strategic “discovery” activities including, but not limited, to targeted digital events for prospective donors.
- Professionally and clearly articulate Caring Across Generations’ vision and funding priorities verbally and in writing to prospects and donors.
- Maintain coordination, scheduling, and briefing materials associated with activities for potential major donors.
- Responsible for core individual fundraising metrics including early prospect outreach (cold calling), face-to-face visits (when our office resumes travel), identification of new prospects, growth in cumulative giving, dollars raised, and donors secured.
- 5-7 years’ related experience and demonstrated success in donor identification, cultivation, and stewardship.
- Documented success in personally implementing sophisticated, multi-year cultivation strategies that use a relationship-building frame and moves-management approach leading to successful gift closure.
- Ability to initiate and build sustainable and lasting relationships with prospective individual donors
- Ability to conduct persuasive and professional interactions with major donors in the communication style (telephone, written, in-person) that best achieves results .
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high project-volume environment.
- Ability to maintain and protect highly sensitive and confidential donor information.
- Ability to travel when necessary and applicable to engage and solicit prospects.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable working in donor/prospect computer database systems.
- Experience with Salesforce (or equivalent donor database) preferred.
- Commitment to the Caring Across Generations’ mission as part of a broader social justice movement dedicated to racial, economic, and gender justice