Technical UCC Engineer (Teams/Skype for Business)
Our client, an international Infrastructure Outsourcing firm, is undertaking a global deployment of Skype for Business as well as MS Team for one of its largest clients. They are looking for an experienced, technically savvy Advanced Engineer to join our current team of engineers and project managers to facilitate these migration efforts. You will assist to architect, design and deploy Unified Communications projects for medium and large environments for Skype and Microsoft Teams. This includes creating and implementing the strategy for transitioning legacy PBX voice to modern enterprise voice platforms such as Microsoft Teams voice with Direct Routing and Cloud Calling. This is a REMOTE contract for at least six (6) months, with the option for extension.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data captures and trace logs to resolve customer issues in production environments specific to authentication, network connectivity, messaging, SIP or VoIP, Unified Communications.
- Install, configure, upgrade, support, and maintain on premise Skype for Business (legacy on premises), Polycom, and Microsoft Teams.
- Ability to work in a team environment planning the work required to implement the Skype and Microsoft Teams task plans.
- Independently report on status, issues, risks, and completion progress of the Skype Build Out Tasks
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving problems on Skype for Business Online, Microsoft Teams, Hybrid environments set up for Skype for Business Server 2015-2019.
- Define, architect (design), and implement enterprise communication and meeting solutions covering email, voice, video, chat, and teleconferencing
- Define, in conjunction with users and service providers, the quality standards required to support business collaboration
- Actively participate in developing operational models, processes, and procedures; documenting and training on the developed models
- Enable and support the use of mobility for voice, video and sharing of content.
- Participate in and lead problem management as the subject matter expert for UCC technologies.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience deploying, administering and/or supporting Enterprise Unified Communications solutions such as Skype for business and Microsoft Teams.
- Experience with Microsoft certified voice gateways (AudioCodes, Sonus, etc.)
- Strong network and/or VoIP experience with underlying technologies such as Routing & Switching Protocols,TCP/, DNS, QoS, SIP, VLANs, and WAN protocols and technologies.
- Knowledge of Office 365 technologies – particularly, Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams.
- Work with Polycom phones CX600 and CX3000, VVX600 and HP410.
- CsDial Plans, UM Dial Plans and Voice Routing