Product Designer (UX/UI)
Spocket is revolutionizing the world of ecommerce as we know it today. Because of Spocket, a mom from the United Kingdom, or a teacher from Saudi Arabia can start their own businesses with our platform.
At Spocket, we are on a mission to empower millions of online entrepreneurs. This is why we wake up everyday. Today, Spocket enables over 50,000 entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
On the outside, we’re building something life-changing for entrepreneurs. Helping them achieve their goals is why we’re all here. Changing an entire industry isn’t always a straight path forward, but it’s an experience unlike anything else.
On the inside, we are a fun and passionate group of people striving to build a world-class culture of freedom and responsibility.
We are looking for a rockstar designer who will work with us to create a cohesive design direction for Spocket, ensuring that our digital marketing, online assets and overall product are beautifully designed and highly functional. We are looking for a creator who is data-driven and loves contributing to all aspects of the design process.
You’re excited about the role because…
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards throughout the company and the brand.
- Oversee qualitative and quantitative research with our customers to determine how the product should be designed.
- Analyze, understand, and solve functional problems for users by designing user-friendly and intuitive experiences.
- Translate business requirements, customer needs, and technology constraints into simple user-centric design solutions.
- Define feature requirements into user stories, wireframes, user flows, mockups and acceptance criteria to efficiently communicate the intended design direction for the web.
- Carry out acceptance testing before feature deployment.
- Design visual assets such as digital ads, email campaigns, banners and landing pages.
- Develop interactive design elements and solutions.
- You will promote Spocket’s design guidelines, best practices and standards throughout the company and the brand.
We’re excited to have you because…
- You have at least five years of experience.
- You have a strong portfolio that can speak to both your UX and visual design skills.
- You have extensive prototyping and interaction design experience.
- You have a solid and up-to-date understanding of best practices, developments and trends on the web, including understanding when and where user testing and research should be incorporated into the product design process.
- You have the ability to translate stakeholder goals, data, user research, and complex user flows into clean, usable UIs.
- You are ego-less and objective. You receive feedback well and can iterate on your designs within a team, no matter how attached to them you are.
- You continually keep the team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards.
- You are passionate about working with people and you are able to demonstrate kindness and empathy in all interactions.
- You have excellent communication skills that convey both confidence and charm.
- You are excited to work in an environment that involves continual adaptation and change.
- You are overflowing with positive energy that other people draw upon and enjoy collaborating with.
You’re excited about joining Spocket because...
- We offer benefits so you can focus on building an awesome company!
- We have an awesome and easily accessible office in Yaletown with snacks and fun people.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together, stays together!
- We take care of our teammates. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing e-commerce industry.