Wasm Compiler Engineer (m/f/d)
Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure to power a better internet—one that respects the freedom and agency of individuals—and to empower developers to create better products and services through decentralized web technologies. We are a team of the world’s premiere blockchain developers building industry-leading technologies that enable developers, startups, and enterprises to create this next wave of better products and services.
We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code – a critical core piece of that is our Wasm runtime and environment. Parity Technologies is based in Berlin and London, but remote work is possible for the right people and we are flexible on location.
Parity works in a very flat hierarchy with lots of autonomy and high levels of personal responsibility, we try to mimic an open-source workflow in much of what we do. We have an article on our blog about our development practices which you may want to read.
- Experience with Rust, particularly writing high-performance compiler code
- Knowledge of Compiler Internals, especially code generation
- Familiarity with JIT Compilers
- Comfortable working with a remote and distributed team
- Willingness to work autonomously, manage and organise yourself
- Good communication skills
- An interest in decentralized technology and Web 3
Nice to have
At Parity Technologies we write software across the whole blockchain stack and as a developer you can be expected to work on any of these things, but deep knowledge in one of the following areas is especially appreciated.
- Wasmtime internals
- Compiler experience targeting WebAssembly
- Linear time code generation techniques
- Rust performance optimization and tuning
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building of the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German language courses where needed.
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats.