A Global Movement of Social Change Innovators
Catalyst 2030 comprises of NGOs, social enterprises, intermediaries, funders and other social change innovators, collaborating in this urgent moment to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
We live in a unique era of human progress. Extreme poverty, malnutrition, violence, and infectious disease have plummeted, while life expectancy, literacy rates, and electricity access have soared. Yet, severe inequalities in income, health, education, and representation disadvantage billions around the world. Meanwhile, humanity’s growing ecological footprint is threatening many of the natural systems we all depend on—such as climate, oceans, land, biodiversity, and fresh water—which are nearing irreversible tipping points. These crises often intersect, creating conditions ripe for instability and conflict.
We may be the last generation alive that can act to reverse these trends. Catalyst 2030 believes that collective action and bold, new strategies are needed to address the crises of our time. Joining forces with communities, governments, businesses, and others, Catalyst 2030 members are working toward changing systems at all levels. Cumulatively, members have already impacted the lives of millions, often with limited resources. Together, we envision the realisation of the SDGs for all.
Catalyst 2030 is seeking a Collaborations Director
The candidate is an entrepreneurial, creative and successful networker and network facilitator. You are confident, proactive with 10-12 years of experience and have experience in managing diverse teams. This role requires collaboration with the Catalyst 2030 network and all of the working groups, so you will need to be able to engage key stakeholders to work towards common goals within a complex international structure. In addition, you have excellent communication and English language skills, both written and spoken and fluency in at least one of the other 6 official UN languages. You are familiar with and able to coordinate between several MIS tools and platforms including Salesforce and ZoHo. You are ordered and timely in your work. This role will report to the Project Lead.
• Coordinating informational flows between working groups and the Secretariat, creating and monitoring advantageous linkages;
• Monitor and facilitate smooth running of membership process, ensuring new members are onboarded;
• Leading a small diverse team dedicated to network monitoring and engagement;
• Building continuing mechanisms to identify and represent member needs and interests;
• Developing and maintaining lines of communication both with, and between, network members;
• Ensuring follow-ups and support organising (or partner with network members to organize) activities and identifying opportunities to utilise and develop the knowledge, tools and skills identified by the network;
• Work with the Collaborations Coordinator to support connections between network members and other initiatives; using existing meetings, convenings and conferences to connect members; and as appropriate, and needed, playing a convening role;
• Identify potential members for Catalyst and facilitate their active participation;
• Providing reports and position papers for both the Working Group and the network as required;
• Monitor network health on an ongoing basis;
• Receive requests coming in to the network from members and direct to relevant people as appropriate.
Please send your motivation cover letter and CV in English before 30 October to: