Vice President, Partnerships and Business Engagement
Mission: The New York City Employment and Training Coalition (NYCETC) is the city’s association for the workforce development community. Founded in 1997 as the membership organization for New York City workforce providers, NYCETC has played a vital role in the workforce community by advancing policy priorities and convening the sector to build capacity by sharing information and best practices. Currently, we support over 170 workforce providers, colleges and universities, and labor unions that provide job training and employment services to nearly 600,000 New Yorkers.
- Access and Equity: Ensure that every New Yorker gains the skills needed to earn a meaningful income.
- Market-Driven Talent Development: Build strong ties with the business community to invest in employment pathways that grow a diverse & expanded workforce in the innovation economy.
About The Position
- Position Location: New York, NY
- Due to COVID-19 and travel restrictions, the position may indefinitely be conducted remotely.
- The position is paid and full-time (40 hours per week) under the supervision of the CEO.
Duties may include the following:
- Work in close collaboration with the CEO and the VP of Policy and Special Initiatives
- Assist the CEO in the development of short and long-term partnerships with business leaders that lead to stronger pipeline development for our membership and their clients
- Manage and develop partnerships with the New York City business community that will lead to stronger investments into the New York City workforce development system
- Support the CEO and Board on the NYC Workforce Business Council, NYCETC’s business advisory council, which serves the critical function of ensuring NYC’s workforce development sector is industry informed and is a champion for NYCETC: Members of the NYC Workforce Business Council share their talent and skill in support of the mission by providing NYCETC staff, board, members, and partners with their professional expertise; their knowledge of stakeholder perspectives; and their connection to local, state, and national resources.
- Assess political dynamics and trends around New York City, at the local, state and federal level related to workforce development, economic development, jobs, economic justice etc.
- Develop and oversee the the implementation and execution of events, including driving sponsorship efforts, for the benefit of our membership and partners
- Assist in the formation of NYCETC policy and advocacy positions and strategies, in consultation with the VP for Policy and Special Initiatives
- Manage a team of three that is responsible for Community (Membership), Events and Operations
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be energized by working with people
- Willingness to address issues directly and respectfully with individual members for the greater good of the membership community
- Able to work independently and coordinate effectively with a small but agile team
- Ability to devise projects, delegate responsibilities and see projects through to completion
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once in a busy and fast-paced work environment
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Skilled at managing multiple people and priorities
- Clear, positive, and professional communicator
- Entrepreneurial attitude. No problem is too big or too small to tackle.
- Collaborative attitude with a desire to work within a small and agile team to build a strong organization and supportive ecosystem for changemakers.
- Innovative in developing solutions, willingness to take on tasks outside of job description
- Knowledge of the workforce ecosystem and social innovation sector in New York is preferred, but not necessary
- Experience in customer service or sales is a plus, but not required
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others
- Places team agenda before personal agenda
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings
- Applicants are required to have 8-10 years of professional work experience.
- Languages: Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Spanish is desirable.