We are seeking a bold, innovative, experienced leader with a successful history in network building and partnership development, as we continue to define our aspirations and update our strategic plan. This is a unique opportunity to have an enormous impact within the organization and with our constituents, as we expand our reach and deepen our relationships with not only other Jewish organizations in greater Boston, but also non-Jewish community organizations.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the overall successful operation and performance of the organization, providing leadership toward the achievement of its mission, vision, annual goals, objectives and growth. Supported by a small staff, a committed Board of Directors, volunteers and community stakeholders, the ED must harness these resources, develop and maintain relationships to effectively implement the VILNA’s strategic goals and objectives, and work with partner organizations and various funding sources. The ED at the VILNA is engaged in strategic and granular work, often concurrently, as is the normal situation in a small agency with an operating budget of under $1 Million annually.
OUR EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR NEEDS TO HAVE:
● Executive leadership experience working closely with a committed Board of Directors
● Successful philanthropic fundraising track record
● A successful history in network building and partnership development
● Understanding of financial systems, data analysis and financial reporting, in order to build the financial health of the entire agency
● Experience in making significant strategic organizational decisions
● Genuine and compelling passion for the Vilna’s mission and type of work