Program Director (Creative Muse Middle School)- P/T
Program Director (Creative Muse Middle School)
Creative Muse provides comprehensive programming and mentorship to youth and adults with an emphasis on creativity and mindfulness as 21st century skills needed for holistic success and innovation. We believe all youth and adults should have access to creative skills and emotional coping mechanisms that can help them unlock their potential to be change-makers in their lives and in the world.
Program Director (Creative Muse Middle School) will work in collaboration with the Director of Programs to supervise Creative Directors (teaching staff), develop and implement a curriculum that encompasses the values and creative practice set forth by Creative Muse, help onboard and train staff, assist with IT troubleshooting, and research innovative practices and program models for future implementation. This person must be inventive, mindful, and compassionate with a desire to support students on their creative and mindfulness journey. The Program Director is responsible for ensuring a safe and meaningful experience for all staff as well as working as an administrative team member to deliver on the mission of Creative Muse. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of our organization.
- Incorporate opportunities for students to exercise creativity and mindfulness utilizing Creative Muse’s program rubric.
- Review lesson plans and curriculum of Creative Directors
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and Director of Programs to ensure the program is meeting the social and emotional needs of all students.
- Supervise, train and on board new staff.
- Interview and hire new staff.
- Recruit students and perform outreach for new programs.
- Assist with IT troubleshooting and maintain abreast of cutting edge technology.
- Manage inventory, ordering and maintenance of class materials and equipment.
- Participate in organizational events, showcases, and performances.
- Attend weekly check-ins with the Director of Programs.
- Support and encompass the mission and values of Creative Muse.
- Embodies the mission, vision, and values of Creative Muse.
- Minimum 1 year supervisory experience in after school, camps, public school, charter school and/or private school.
- Experience in curriculum design and implementation is a plus.
- Demonstrated success in learning and creative experience of students.
- Proficient with online learning tools (e.g., Zoom and Google Classroom).
- Knowledge and understanding of Social Emotional Learning (SEL).
- Experience with middle school aged students.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team dynamic.
TIME COMMITMENT/ PAY
This part-time position pays $25/hr for 4 hours a week. Flexible scheduling offered. Work from home (remote) until January with the possibility of transitioning to in-person. As organization grows, opportunities for additional hours, salary and positions may become available. This is currently an independent contractor position.
E-mail,, a resume and thoughtful cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Please include Program Director “Creative Muse Middle School” in the subject line.
Creative Muse is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.