Cloudbeds is a travel SaaS technology company that works to make the world a more welcoming place. We build advanced cloud-based hospitality software for hotels, hostels, vacation rentals, and groups that manages reservations and guests, distributes room availability, sells inventory, and collects payments. Our hundreds of team members are globally distributed across over 40 countries and, altogether, we speak 20+ languages. How do we do it? On a #remotefirst platform that allows every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe. We're looking for people who want to disrupt the travel industry and love to travel as much as we do. As a Senior UX Designer at Cloudbeds, you will support the execution of user experience design leveraging a variety of user-centered methods, processes, and tools. You will work with team members from a variety of disciplines, including researchers, product managers, engineers, and leadership. Via agile development, the Senior UX Designer will collaborate closely among teams to understand project requirements, determine user needs, analyze industry best practices, and participate in user research to glean valuable insights and deliver an exceptional experience to our customers. Location : US Central, US Eastern - Remote
What You Will Do:
- Lead end-to-end design efforts, from research and concept through launch, in close collaboration with your team made up of product managers, engineers, researchers, and business stakeholders.
- Expertly provide systems-level designs to large, platform-driven challenges and initiatives
- Produce high-level information architecture, then dive down into UX/UI details to make sure the experience is accurate and quality-driven
- Provide persuasive, user-centered insight to leadership and peers across multiple disciplines that are based on data, best practices and research, ensuring the customer experience is prioritized throughout the life of the project.
- Ability to wear multiple UX hats, including some visual design experience, user research experience, and/or UI development experience
- Investigate user interactions, including participating in usability research and studies.
- Lead emerging design team processes and deliverables, including development of user experience standards, tools, and design system management.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues, vendors, business stakeholders, engineers, analysts and other team members.
- Drive, coach, and advocate for user centered best practices throughout the company.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 7 years experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A portfolio showcasing a user-centric, systems-oriented process, with examples in responsive web design and native mobile application design.
- Excellent experience designing SaaS products and features.
- Excellent experience creating high-quality user-centered design artifacts (e.g. process flows, wireframes, prototypes, mockups, etc.).
- Proficiency in tools associated with design and prototyping, particularly Figma.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and foster business relationships.
- Experience leading teams in design thinking and/or design sprint methodologies.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
- Visual/graphic software design experience is a plus.
- Some people management experience is a plus.
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open vacation policy and the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. We are also dedicated to your personal and professional development at Cloudbeds. You will have access to over 10,000 courses within LinkedIn Learning when you join our team for your individual growth! If you think you have the skills and passion, we'll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020)
Deloitte's North America Technology Fast 500 (2019)
Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies (2018 & 2019)
Inc. Best Places to Work (2017 & 2018)
Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
Start-Ups to Watch in 2018 | Forbes
Connect MIP Award (Technology)- provided by Dice