Copy Editor and Writer
This opening is more than 38 days old and is very likely already filled.
617MediaGroup, one of the fastest-growing progressive communications agencies in the U.S., is looking for a skilled Copy Editor and Writer to join our growing team. At 617MediaGroup, we don't just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our communities. 617MediaGroup is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are seeking to hire a Copy Editor and Writer who can edit public-facing and internal written materials, and rewrite copy. This person will ensure our documents are error-free and best-in-class by bringing a strong attention to detail and thorough knowledge of grammar and style guidelines. The ideal candidate will have experience editing in a media organization (e.g., newspaper, magazine or online publication) or professional environment (e.g., PR agency or corporate communications team). Who we are: Veteran campaigners, communicators, designers, strategists, storytellers, web developers and true-believers. We love what we do. We're results-driven. And we only work with clients we believe in. What we do: We move public opinion. We win tough fights. We tell stories simply, and with maximum impact. We offer comprehensive communication services: from earned media to paid, and social media to owned content. Copy and design. We do it all. What we value:
- The peace of mind that comes with fully-paid healthcare premiums.
- Industry-leading benefits, including ample paid time off.
- 617MediaGroup is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer
- Editing digital and print content for grammar, spelling, and syntax
- Verifying statistics, links, proper nouns, and other searchable facts
- Editing and proofreading copy for print and digital marketing materials including newsletters, brochures, flyers, email blasts, political mailings, social media content, billboards, TV and radio ads, newspaper ads, and more
- Working in close collaboration with account teams to ensure content is clear, easily understood, accurate, and consistent
- Ensuring content, format, style and design elements are consistent
- Checking facts against source material, conducting independent research as needed
- Developing and maintaining agency-wide style guides for account team use
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of three years experience working in deadline intensive journalistic or agency setting
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, English, or a related field
- Agency experience preferred
- Expert knowledge of Associated Press style guidelines
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced environment and manage deadlines
- A collaborative spirit