Marketing Copywriter needed for a not-for-profit financial institution
**Must live in the Seattle area**
Job ID: 17190
Pay Rate: $35 - 40 per hour
Location: Remote, but must live in the Seattle area
Contract To Hire
Do you have creative writing experience with an emphasis on marketing/advertising?
Are you known for your presentation, creative thinking, and proofing skills?
Do you thrive in a collaborative environment?
If so, we want to talk to YOU about this Marketing Copywriter role!
The Marketing Copywriter drives the creation of authentic and engaging content to advance membership and engagement. In this role, you will collaborate with all levels of staff to develop a high standard of messaging across marketing campaigns for both traditional and digital media through headline and full-length copy to elevate product, service, and social media initiatives.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with our client’s Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Collaborate across the organization with strategic marketing and design teams to fully understand business goals that inspire the creation of compelling content.
- Develop break-through messaging on member-facing campaigns for both printed and digital media.
- Deliver an authentic, unique, and welcoming voice across all efforts focused on brand values.
- Establish active guidelines for consistency of voice across all written materials.
- Coordinate all writing assignments within the Marketing department to keep focus on scheduling and priorities for delivering projects on time.
- Work in cooperation with Marketing management and Compliance by securing work project review and approval.
- Conduct audits of internal and competitor materials to mine new opportunities for brand distinction that represents superior offerings.
- Stay well informed of industry trends and bring new, innovative ideas for expression.
- Project a positive image of all materials, consistent with brand identity.
- Maintain effective communication with all employees to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing goals.
- Strive for the continuous improvement of processes and quality of service.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum three years of creative writing experience with marketing/advertising emphasis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or English, or equivalent work or educational experience.
- Financial Service and Retail Copywriting experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and exceptional written skills to effectively communicate in the English language, with demonstrated experience producing clear, persuasive, original copy.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Excellent copy editing and proofing skills.
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills. Associated Press style preferred.
- Excellent presentation and creative thinking skills.
- Excellent PC (MS Office) skills, with the ability to learn new software.
- Effective leadership and negotiation skills.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Experience presenting writing concepts in a collaborative environment.
Parker Staffing offers all levels of Administrative, Customer Service, Call Center, Sales, and Human Resources job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area and other large cities throughout the Nation. Parker Staffing has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over four decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerstaffing.com to review our full offering of temp, temp-to-hire, and direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $35.00 - $40.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Financial Service and Retail Copywriting: 1 year (Preferred)
- creative writing with marketing/advertising emphasis: 3 years (Required)
- Associated Press style: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Tukwila, WA (Required)
- 7 - 11 months
Full Time Opportunity:
- Fully Remote