Certified Information Privacy Professional - Consultant
Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) - Consultant
SolomonEdwards is partnering with a multinational high-tech company with bi-coastal operations.
The organization is looking for a (remote off-site) CIPP consultant to back up an email response team Lead. The consultant will be leading impact assessments and working with the Casper and data privacy team processing new data. The role will also include identifying risks, investigating marketing breaches, fulfilling requests from the privacy office and conducting 3rd party data scrubbing. This position responds to data privacy questions in the privacy mailer and supports a Privacy Project Manager to drive privacy reporting. This team includes three personnel plus this position.
Overall Position Description:
- Partner with multiple organizational sources across the organization and evaluate data privacy reference documents.
- Identify users of personal data that require central administration.
- Work with Data Protection operating team to integrate their process and staff into central personal data administration.
- Establish work relationships with staff from personal data users / applications to assure their proper use of the company privacy statement and partnership on response strategy.
- Engage with the Data Protection & Privacy (DP&P) internal support teams (Legal, IT, DPOT etc.) to assist in the validation of integration requirements.
- Collaborate with personal data user / application staff to establish operational processes for responding to privacy requests.
- Document adoption status for quarterly reporting of compliance metrics.
- Define and improve operational workflow for automated and manual privacy response work assignment.
- Participate in privacy queue coverage to assure detailed knowledge of case workflow and challenges to help guide process and tooling improvements.
- Prepare and refine documentation to assist hiring and engagement of new Privacy Response Analysts.
- Share lessons learned from research and resolution efforts to assure consistency in global team response.
Marketing Privacy Queue:
- Respond to marketing privacy cases related to unsubscribes, contact updates and escalations (8,000 - 10,000 on average per quarter.)
- Meet 10-day SLA for privacy issues (follow IR handbook and keep handbook up to date when requirements / processes change.)
- Query internal marketing database to find information working with IT as needed.
- Manage corporate privacy queue and partner with Marketing Analyst responding to unsubscribes, subject access requests, right to be forgotten and other requests.
- Lead incident escalations related to commercial message complaints and occasionally others from the corporate incident response team.
- Escalate as needed to Marketing Privacy Program Manager for additional assistance.
- Conduct privacy research as needed, research privacy concepts and prepare a PPT presentation to present on and store on marketing privacy site.
Data Impact Assessments:
- Review and submit new DIA’s by working with marketing business owners.
- Track remediation of risks from a PM perspective for risks identified from DIA’s.
- Provide change management support, build surveys and provide analysis and reporting as needed.
- Update marketing privacy site post-migration to IBM communities.
- Knowledge of SPAM laws and compliance requirements.
- A CIPP, CIPM or CIPT certification is required.
- Comfortable applying privacy laws in the digital marketing world especially GDPR, CCPA, CASL, CAN-SPAM with the ability to acquire information related to these guidelines when things are unclear.
- Data analysis experience including an understanding of database integrations.
- Experience querying databases and / or data platforms.
- Possessing an analytical and technical mindset with demonstrated critical thinking skills and the ability to identify process gaps.
- Familiarity with incident investigation activities.
- Being comfortable with ambiguity and experience working in a fast-paced environment.