Legislative Counsel/Senior Legislative Counsel
Compassion & Choices is seeking a Legislative Counsel or Senior Legislative Counsel to help advance our medical outreach and education efforts across the country.
This position is primarily responsible for (1) tracking and analyzing state legislation, regulations, and other government policies (2) preparing responses to state legislation/regulations/government policies; and (3) supporting priorities and initiatives of the legal and policy staff.
This is a full-time, Portland/Washington D.C./remotely-located, paid position reporting to the Chief Legal Advocacy Officer/General Counsel. Compensation offered will be commensurate with experience. To be considered for Senior Legislative Counsel, more than 7 years experience is required. Relevant advanced degree(s) may substitute for work experience.
This position will primarily be responsible for:
- Supporting the development and implementation of program goals and metrics to achieve strategic objectives.
- Supporting setting priorities, developing timelines, and ensuring completion of timely high quality deliverables.
- Analyzing state legislation, proposed/final regulations and other government policies and preparation of materials to advance C&C policy priorities and positions.
- Collaborating with other C&C staff and coordinates in order to cultivate and maintain relationships and partnerships with healthcare industry stakeholders, regulatory agencies, allied organizations, academic policy experts, and other non-governmental stakeholders to leverage areas of common interest and achieve Compassion & Choices program goals.
- Monitoring and reporting on state legislation and other government activity with potential impact on state and national programs.