Senior Communications Associate
Compassion & Choices is seeking a Senior Communications Associate to help advance our medical outreach and education efforts across the country.
This position is primarily responsible for developing and executing an earned media strategy for Compassion & Choices’ advocacy & outreach campaigns in consultation with the Communications Director and senior staff. The Senior Communications Associate has overall responsibility for managing and implementing the in-state media strategy, and providing leadership for and driving the development, planning, and coordination of state media work.
This is a full-time, remotely-located, paid position reporting to the Communications Director. Compensation offered will be commensurate with experience.
This position will primarily be responsible for:
- Working with the Communications Director, develop and implement integrated earned media plans for C&C’s advocacy efforts
- Identifying earned media opportunities that promote C&C priorities
- Proactively pitching stories to appropriate print, broadcast and electronic media outlets in assigned states
- Writing press releases, media advisories, talking points, blog posts and other materials
- Writing and seeking placement of op-eds and letters to the editor
- Building press lists and manage press database of national, regional and state reporters
- Responding in a timely fashion to breaking news events