Cost and Pricing Manager
Cost and Pricing Manager
This position reports into IYF’s headquarters in Baltimore, MD, USA. However, remote locations for this position will be considered.
Director, Global Finance and Administration
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF®)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Cost & Pricing Manager is a member of the Global Finance and Administration team. The Manager will collaborate closely with Finance, Business Development, and Technical teams on all aspects of cost and pricing from capture through post award. The Cost & Pricing Manager ensures an understanding of the proposal requirements and establishes competitive and defensible cost and pricing data for proposals. This position will also provide financial management for assigned project(s) and/or cost centers. The finance function is critical to supporting new business, cost efficiency and program delivery.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· In collaboration with technical staff, prepare budgets in MS Excel for project proposals.
· Prepare supporting documentation for cost proposal submissions, including budget narratives, certifications, financial information, etc.
· Provide cost advice to proposal teams in conjunction with proposal objectives.
· Present draft proposal budgets for cost proposal reviews and prepare briefs as needed.
· Assist in assuring compliance with the IYF’s cost and pricing processes and procedures.
· Utilize Excel and existing models and/or templates, and routinely assess and update cost allocation methodology, pricing models, workflows, and finance templates.
· Provide guidance regarding the interpretation of applicable contract, grant and cooperative agreement terms and conditions, as well as other administrative rules, cost principles under 2 CFR 200 and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
· Participate in project design and proposal planning meetings to ensure alignment between technical designs, implementation plans, cost strategies and budget justifications.
· Represent IYF to counterparts in partner organizations (e.g. prime applicants and proposed sub-recipients), support budget negotiations under the direction of the proposal director and in partnership with other proposal team members. Produce cost application packages for proposed sub-recipients to facilitate accurate, timely and competitive submissions.
· Review funder agreements on behalf of the Finance function for compliance and financial requirements and overall risk for IYF as an institution. Make recommendations, revisions and participate in negotiations.
· Post award, works closely with Finance Team to ensure timely set up of accounts in the various financial systems.
· Produce timely and accurate internal and external financial reporting for assigned project(s) and cost centers, including working budgets and annual operating budgets.
· Lead preparation of and tracking of business development pipeline financial analysis and outlook. Continuously update working budgets and staffing allocations for assigned portfolio and business development pipeline. Support budget holders in the analysis and interpretation of expenditures.
· Manage preparation of expenditure projections for quarterly financial review meetings.
· Fill in as back-up for Global Finance Managers, as needed.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Director, Global Finance & Admin and/or CFO, supporting BD, EVPs, and Finance staff colleagues.
· Undergraduate degree, BA in Accounting, Finance or related field, or equivalent experience.
· 2-4 years cost and pricing, financial analysis, and/or cost management experience for USG assistance and acquisition procurements and/or experience with non-USG donors, such as foreign government bilaterals, Corporate and Foundation donors; and other international donors.
· Experience with federal regulations, government contract administration, government estimating and negotiations, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). Specific experience with USAID Automated Directives System (ADS), 2 CFR 200, and the AIDARs highly preferred.
· Understanding of fringe and indirect rate application and allocation methodologies.
· Intermediate knowledge of US government cost principles and cost share requirements, GAAP accounting rules, and grant/contract management.
· Familiar with differences between contracts and cooperative agreements and their relevant terms and conditions.
· Demonstrated ability to create compliant, competitive proposal budgets and compelling budget justifications for diverse donors.
· Advanced experience in MS Excel, particularly budget development, formula, and other functions.
· Oral and written English fluency is required. Proficiency in French and/or Spanish is a plus.
· Demonstrated ability to perform in a dynamic and high-pressure environment.
· Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% of the time.
JOB LEVEL SALARY RANGE
$60,000 - $98,000
Please apply for this position via the following link online:, along with your Cover Letter and Resume.
IYF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues, and we welcome applications