Campaign Organizer (Northeast)
Compassion & Choices is seeking a Campaign Organizer to help advance our medical outreach and education efforts across the country.
This position is primarily responsible for working closely with the State Director and State Manager to formalize and streamline grassroots activities while building capacity and infrastructure. The Campaign Organizer will also provide key support for outreach activities and events, particularly around volunteer activities and issue-based campaigns.
This is a full-time, remotely-located, paid position reporting to the State Director. Compensation offered will be commensurate with experience.
This position will primarily be responsible for:
- Providing oversight to C&C volunteers including managing volunteers to implement C&C’s grassroots organizing activities within the region.
- Providing technical assistance and support to Action Teams throughout the region (such as: trainings on and sharing of C&C toolkits).
- Drafting effective advocacy alerts for activist activities and events.
- Coordinating C&C involvement in public/healthcare outreach events (such as: putting together volunteers for booths and presentations).
- Recruiting volunteers and leading volunteer training and educational talks to build broader support for the aid in dying movement; cultivating relationships with local community groups.
- Mobilizing individuals throughout the region to voice support for our legislative goals and full access to end-of-life choice for the following actions: letter writing campaigns, phone banking, canvassing, days of action, visibility events, legislative lobbying, public health committee hearing, etc.
Bachelor degree highly desired in political science/public health/management or other related field – or equivalent education and/or experience in a similar position. A minimum of 3 years of work experience or strong internships and political campaign experience