Human Resource Coordinator
This position provides administrative support to the human resource department as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry. The Human Resource Coordinator under the leadership of the Human Resource Manager will maintain personnel related documentation onboarding and benefits administration. Using an HRIS system this role will enter employee health and welfare plans and acts as liaison between employees and Human Resources. This position resolves general health benefit-related inquiries and ensures the effective use of health and wellness plans. Coordinates all appointments for recruiting and staffing in addition to crafting responses to job applicants. This position promotes health and wellness programs to ensure positive employee experiences. This role will need to be sensitive to the needs of employees while ensuring everyone is treated with dignity and respect as this supports the mission and values of the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh. This role has no supervisory responsibilities.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh is the central fundraising and community planning organization for the Pittsburgh Jewish community. We provide funding to local and overseas partner agencies, as well as independent programs that provides education, health, and human welfare services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Assists the HR Manager with the preparation of the mid-year and yearly performance review process.
• Assists with recruitment and interview process.
• Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the Manager of Human Resources.
• Informs job applicants of their acceptance or rejection of employment.
• Tracks the status of candidates and responds to inquiries on the recruiting process.
• Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
• Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations.
• Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains employee files.
• May process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions for employee health benefits.
• Reconciles benefits statements.
• Strong knowledge of Compensation, FLMA, Short term and Long-Term disability to ensure pay and benefits are accurately coordinated for Federation employees on leave.
• Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
• Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
• Makes photocopies, mails, scans, and emails documents.
• Prepares and files correspondence as requested.
• Performs other administrative and special projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Proficiency in human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with professionalism, diplomacy, and tact.
• Superb communications skills with the ability to respond to employee questions via telephone, email and in person.
• Strong ability to read, analyze to interpret policies and procedures.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel to develop and update spreadsheets as required.
• Must have strong integrity with the ability to be honest and ethical.
• Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
• High level attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to maintain files and records.
• Ability to work independently on complex and confidential projects.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet competing deadlines.
• Must be able to work in a high-paced and at times stressful work environment.
• This position may require evenings and weekends during busy periods.
EDUCATION, TRAINING OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or eight years of Human Resources experience.
• Strong knowledge of benefit programs.
• Competency using Human Resource and Payroll systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORKING CONDITIONS
The nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment. This role will have prolonged periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer. Also requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain employee files. Due to the nature of this role the highest level of confidentiality is required. Work is performed in a general office environment, currently employees are working remotely. The position may require availability for additional hours at various times throughout the year. This position does not require heavy lifting over 15 pounds or standing for extended periods.
This job announcement is not designed to cover all responsibilities, duties or activities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change. New duties may be assigned at any time with or without notice in accordance with the needs of Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh.
Qualified individuals may apply by submitting a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates who do not submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements will be rejected.