You believe in elevating the political voice of women of color and possess a deep commitment to our vision of building love, justice, belonging and democracy in the world. You are organized, energetic, proactive, flexible and detail oriented. You are a people person who thrives in a fast-paced environment and would welcome the opportunity to help develop new systems in a start-up organization led by a visionary founder. You have strong experience in fund development and are a self-starter and strong team player. You have a positive, can-do attitude, are resourceful and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to move the mission forward.
Reporting to the President, the Operations Manager is responsible for planning, building and managing organizational budgets, systems, and projects. Working with the President, the Operations Manager will exercise judgement and confidence to ensure infrastructure and team that are needed for rapid growth and national impact. This is a unique opportunity for the right person to build a team and high impact organization in partnership with She the People leadership and our staff team.
The Operations Manager will partner with the President on essential internal leadership and will manage multiple projects. Job responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage separate annual budgets for: 1) She the People, a fiscally sponsored project of PowerPac.org, a 501(c)(4) organization; and 2) She the People Storied, a fiscally sponsored project of PowerPac Foundation, 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
- Help provide regular financial reporting, monitor revenue and expenses, and develop projections to inform decision-making.
- Collaborate with fund development staff, providing grant budgets, financial reporting and other materials needed for prospect and donor communications.
- Liaise with fiscal sponsors for She the People and She the People Storied, ensuring strong relationships and clear communication.
- Build efficient and effective operations for a staff team and diverse set of consultants and vendors.
- Ensure strong internal and consultant communications.
- Manage vendor / consultant contracting, invoicing and progress against scopes of work.
- Ensure effective utilization of CRM and manage website for She the People.
- Effectively manage the organization's tools and resources; staff have necessary equipment, supplies, and access to what they need for their roles.
- Be the point person for miscellaneous operational projects, such as maintaining various inventories, among others.
Team Development and Support
- Oversee HR systems as needed, including conducting recruitment, facilitating hiring and onboarding processes, and managing the internship program.
- Help plan for and facilitate team meetings.
- Contribute to a team culture based in our values of love, belonging, democracy and justice.
Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelors required
- 3+ years prior experience in operations, HR, or finance preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills to support the ability to work with internal and external constituents in an effective and professional manner
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision along with a willingness to ask questions to clarify assignments
- Demonstrable evidence of strong written and verbal communications skills
- Use of good judgment and the ability to treat confidential information with discretion
- Prior experience supporting the planning and execution of events
- Comfortable in a remote work environment
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally