Chief Technology & Data Officer
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Technology & Data Officer (CTDO) provides strategic and tactical leadership, and plays a critical role in developing, planning, and implementing Bottom Line’s technology and data strategy, primarily in support of implementing our program model more effectively and efficiently. This includes both the ecosystem of programmatic applications and tools as well as enterprise-wide governance and utilization of information as an asset, via data processing, analysis, data mining, information trading and other means. The CTDO is also responsible for technology vendor management, management of the departmental budget, and prioritization of technical priorities and resources. The CDTO is a key member of the Senior Leadership team, providing support and ensuring effective implementation of Bottom Line services to achieve our overall mission.
What You Bring
- You strive for educational equity, opening doors for the many whose potential and drive exceed their opportunity.
- You bring deep experience designing and building technology ecosystems that meet the current and future business needs of the organization.
- You are a data scientist at heart, with a strong sense of the different techniques for model building, experience working with large complex datasets, and experience determining the best analytical technique to apply to different datasets and business questions (e.g., Linear/Logistic Regression, machine learning, etc.).
- You bring an innovative and continuous learning mindset to develop new techniques or creatively apply existing techniques or knowledge in order to solve problems posed by complexity, size, lack of existing literature, or unavailability of data.
- You are someone with the ability to lead strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals.
- You are exceptionally organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- You foster an inclusive workplace where bias is examined and respectfully challenged so our community members can bring their most authentic selves each day.
- You provide opportunities for shared leadership, to capitalize on our diversity in our decision-making processes.
- You invest time in building strong, impactful relationships with direct reports, coworkers, students, and external partners.
Required Qualifications/Experience (in addition to the above)
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of active/hands-on and progressive experience in a highly agile environment working closely with developers and data scientists.
- 4+ years of experience in Salesforce or similar CRM involving configuration, implementations, and integrations
- Demonstrated commitment to Bottom Line’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values
- Demonstrated proficiency and/or growth potential in Bottom Line's seven core competencies: Relationships, Results, Communication, Inclusiveness, Talent Development, Agility, and Planning
- Work authorization required
How You’ll Spend Your Time
- 40% Technology Systems – Strategic leadership and operations: Lead ecosystem planning, change management efforts, and on-going maintenance to ensure organizational needs, priorities, and goals are met. Partner with Program leadership to improve the student experience and drive advisor efficiency through the integration of innovative tools and systems.
- 40% Data & Information Systems – Transform data analysis, reporting, and governance: Lead organizational efforts to collect, house, protect, analyze, and share timely, relevant, and actionable data and insights. Mature Bottom Line’s ability to work with large, complex datasets to solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed to help improve organizational performance.
- 20% Team Leadership – Actively contribute to the Senior Leadership team, providing support and ensuring effective management of Bottom Line systems, resources, and people to achieve our overall mission. Manage, lead, and coach the Technology and Data team (currently 3 direct reports).
Director of Information Technology, Reporting & Data Analyst, and Manager of Data & Systems
- Anticipated Start Date: December 1, 2020
- Location: The team is located in the Greater Boston area; however, we are open to remote applicants
- Travel: Business travel is suspended until further notice, due to Covid-19 precautions; We expect approx. 15%, depending on where the person is based
- Hours: This is a full-time role, with approx. hours of 9am to 5pm. Flexibility with hours/schedule may be requested.
- Salary: $140,000 - $180,000, commensurate with experience